Hughesnet Community

Upload speeds recently became extremely slow, but download speeds are fine (Gen 5)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJinCA
Freshman

Upload speeds recently became extremely slow, but download speeds are fine (Gen 5)

As of Saturday evening (possibly earlier, but that's when I tried to livestream and my stream kept crashing), my upload speeds have been significantly less than 1 Mbps, while my download speeds appear to be normal. I gave it a couple of days, but have seen no improvement. I can't test throughout the day because I usually work away from home 6-7 days/week. My next opportunity would be next Sunday, but I'd rather not wait that long to get this resolved. I might be able to run one test tomorrow morning before work if needed - I got a photo to upload to Facebook yesterday morning so I suspect upload speeds may be slightly better, but it still took a couple of minutes. I guess that's better than timing out like it does in the evening! 😄

I ran three 4 MB uploads and one 25 MB download (for comparison) tonight on my desktop while connected to the router via ethernet: http://testmy.net/quickstats/AJLandon

The Sunday test was over wifi in the garage with my laptop, so probably not as useful. I've had this problem with my laptop, Chromebook, and iPhone connected over wifi and my desktop connected over Ethernet, though.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss. I tried restarting the router on Saturday, and nothing changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJinCA,

Got a quick turnaround from the engineer on your case, he suggested a dish repoint so I've dispatched a complimentary tech to address your concerns. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Saturday, Jul 29, 2017 between 11:00. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #105191153 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13