cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Data by Device

97alpha
Spectator

Re: Usage Data by Device

Thanks, but from what menu or page do you access the below page? I can access all others that you show above but nothing by IP. I have firmware 380.68_4

ip.png

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

At the upper right it says "real time", click that and a drop down menu appears, select "per device", "daily"

Set desired date range and other options.

97alpha
Spectator

Hmm, I wish I could say thanks , that did it but either I am missing something obvious or the interface/firmware has changed. That would be a drag as I bought this router specifically for this feature. Anyway, no new dropdown appearss that I am seeing. I had tried the "real-time" before.  Thanks for your time

Real-time.png

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I'm at work right now but I'll post some step by step screenshots in the morning.

97alpha
Spectator

I did make some progress and got it to display by IP via "tool", "other settings". It is showing connections but not  showing usage at this point....working on it.

Better do some work here too. Will troubleshoot later.

Thanks

bare65
Advanced Tutor

If you have Windows 10, this sudden '5G of data loss' that you experienced may of come from the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which was released a few days ago. I know the update it is at least 2.5 G by itself, and in the event it failed to download properly, it could very well of downloaded a 2nd time. (this has happened to me on occasion with previous Win 10 'updates')

bare65
Advanced Tutor

If the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ends up being the culprit, you can go into your 'Network & Internet' computer settings, and change your settings (under Ethernet) to a 'metered' connection.

Doing so will prevent these very large Microsoft Window Updates from downloading automatically...

Your computer will continue to check for updates, but when future updates do become available, instead of your computer automatically downloading the file, you will see a message letting you know that an update is available along with the download size of that update. You will be given the option to manually download it at whatever time you prefer (I personally wait and downloaded these larger updates during my bonus zone period)

bare65
Advanced Tutor

If you download GlassWire, you can easily see if the 'culprit' is a Windows Update as the large download will show up under Host Process For Windows Services  

97alpha
Spectator

Got it...thanks

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@97alpha

Here is a repost of your screenshot with the "real-time" button outlined in red:

OPs shot.PNG

Here is the same Traffic Analyzer main page from my AC-3100:

Post2 my page.PNG

If I click on the down-arrow in the Real-Time button area I get a pop-out dialog box:that I outlined in red

My selection.png

If you do not get a dialog box when clicking the Real-Time button try a different browser to access the router GUI.

From the menu there ar two sub-menus:

Global (with four options) and Per Device (three options), select Daily.

In the upper part of the following page we need to set some display and date options:

Post4 options.PNG

In the lower part of the same screen we have the results:

Post5 results.PNG

Post back with screenshots if you have any questions.