cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Management

urwutuis

Usage Management

This service sucks big time.
 Does anyone else think they should be able to control when allowance is used and when to throttle?
 Charging $90 a month for a measly 15 Gb is bad enough but being unable to control when it's used is ridiculous. 
 Forcing customers to sign on for 2 years is the only way they can keep them for more than a few months and I'd be willing to give odds nobody has ever used praise as their conversation type.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Usage Management

Does anyone else think they should be able to control when allowance is used and when to throttle?

I absolutely agree.  And you know what?  YOU DO control when allowance is used and when it's throttled.  Does someone tell you when you can and can't use your computer?  That's your problem, not Hughesnet's.  When you use all of your data, you are throttled.  That's on you, not Hughesnet.  Your 15GB can be used anytime, 24 hours a day.  Hence the name "Anytime Data."   

Your complaint makes absolutely no sense. 

Additionally, there are a lot of people that are just fine and dandy with their service, and I've seen quite a few praise posts. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Amanda

Re: Usage Management

Hello urwutuis

Yes - you do absolutely have control over when your data is used! Your router can be adjusted to set on/off times, allow only certain devices and your networked devices do have off buttons (I hope!)

Thanks
Amanda