Usage meter Java error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thewarehouse
Sophomore

Usage meter Java error

I posted this elsewhere, under a different issue but was told it was a different issue, so here's the post again. I *have* uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, restarted, etc. Still issue. I'm not willing to mess with coding or script or whatever else it's called, any of that stuff. I don't want to mess up my whole computer for some little app.

Screenshot 2017-10-02 19.55.53.png

5 REPLIES 5
MarkJFine
Professor

1. Quit the Usage Meter from it's menu by clicking on the donut in the menubar and clicking "Quit" in the dropdown menu.

2. Look for the "Library/Application Support" folder under your home folder.

3. Send the whole "HughesNet Usage Meter" folder under that to the trash can and empty the trash.

4. Restart Usage Meter.

It will regenerate that folder you deleted but it will contain corrected information that fixes the error.

Other recommendations say to uninstall and reinstall the app and/or update Java, but those do absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Can you be more specific on how to find the folder? I am sorry but I'm not understanding "home folder." If you could give the pathway...?

When you open Finder, your home folder is the one usually with your name on it... it has a house symbol next to it, like so:
Untitled.jpeg
Except... with your name instead of mine, of course.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Amanda

Hello

We are currently investigating the root cause of this issue. In initial testing, the only time this error occured was if the computer was hard shutdown. It would be helpful to know if before this issue happened, the computer unexpectedly shut down or was manually shut down. 

Thank you

Amanda

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. No the computer was not hard shutdown. There were system updates (unfortunately I do not recall exactly which) about this time. I have a mac.