cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter Java error

Highlighted
Sophomore

Usage meter Java error

just now received a java error in the usage meter, I see other related issues, not sure this is the same.

windows 10, just updated, usage meter 6.7 Capture.PNG

Carmen Vitullo
Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Usage meter Java error

Hi Carmen,

Looks pretty similar to the posted and resolved threads in the community, I'd try the solutions there.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Yes, it does, and I've reviewed these posts, and un-instralled the status meter and made sure the folder was empty. re installed and still the same issue. 

I'll have to try again when I have more time.thanks'

@Lizwrote:

Hi Carmen,

Looks pretty similar to the posted and resolved threads in the community, I'd try the solutions there.

Carmen Vitullo
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

I have this same issue about twice a year. I delete any HughesNet folder located under Roaming.  This last time there were two of them, with slightly different names.  Check to see if you may have more than one folder under Roaming.  The issue wouldn't go away for me until both folders were deleted.

Highlighted
Sophomore

thanks for the tip, I'll make sure I check 

Carmen 

Carmen Vitullo
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Also try going to the AppData folder then enter "hughes" in the upper right search bar.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Pete_Vit

You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall the meter.  You should only need to exit the meter from the taskbar (shutting the program down), then delete the HughesNet Usage Meter folder that's in the Roaming folder.  When you click on the Usage Meter icon on your desktop or in your Start Menu and the Usage Meter starts back up, it will regenerate the HughesNet Usage Meter folder inside the Roaming folder.  

Remember, in order to get to the to the Roaming folder and see the Hughesnet Usage Meter folder you'll need to enable the hidden items view.  

Screenshot (105).jpg

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

"You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall the meter.  You should only need to exit the meter from the taskbar (shutting the program down), then delete the HughesNet Usage Meter folder that's in the Roaming folder.  When you click on the Usage Meter icon on your desktop or in your Start Menu and the Usage Meter starts back up, it will regenerate the HughesNet Usage Meter folder inside the Roaming folder. "

That never works for me. I get the same java error unless I delete all the folders with the words Hughesnet and Meter in their names, and reinstall the meter.  But then as you know the satellite doesn't like me.  (I also have the java issue about twice a year). 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsadewrote:

"You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall the meter.  You should only need to exit the meter from the taskbar (shutting the program down), then delete the HughesNet Usage Meter folder that's in the Roaming folder.  When you click on the Usage Meter icon on your desktop or in your Start Menu and the Usage Meter starts back up, it will regenerate the HughesNet Usage Meter folder inside the Roaming folder. "

That never works for me. I get the same java error unless I delete all the folders with the words Hughesnet and Meter in their names, and reinstall the meter.  But then as you know the satellite doesn't like me.  (I also have the java issue about twice a year). 

That interesting, as the error is occuring from within the listed folder and shouldn't be related, nor affected by, the program file folders.  But, with that said, whatever works is what matters.  Smiley Happy  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

"That interesting, as the error is occuring from within the listed folder and shouldn't be related, nor affected by, the program file folders.  But, with that said, whatever works is what matters."

@GabeU, I know, it's nuts.  I think there may be something else going on in my laptop's background that's causing this.