cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter download

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Usage meter download

So I thought I could download the usage meter from the Usage page under My Account, but it's not there.Then I went to this page: https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/what-is-usage-meter but the download link just spins and spins and the download never starts. Is there another place to download this? Thanks!

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

Re: Usage meter download

Is the usage meter still supported after 8/1/2020?
Highlighted

The page says it won't be.  I wonder though if I can still use it, as for me it's more convenient to have it on a laptop than to reach for the iphone every time I want to check the usage.  But if it's gone, I'll adapt, no worries (Edit: And I can use the SCC if needed).  BTW, good to see you, Reggie!

@Reggie wrote:
Is the usage meter still supported after 8/1/2020?

Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

I was thinking about this a couple days ago. I'm wondering if HN is going to provide a new meter? I hope everyone is staying safe.
Highlighted

That's a good question, Reggie. I hope @Liz will chime in.  I'm OK with just using the SCC (and the phone if needed -- I do like that I can check the app when away from home; that's a big plus); I think I've just gotten attached to the meter. 

Doing fine here; hope you and yours are staying well.  I also hope you'll participate  here more often. Smiley Happy

@Reggie wrote:
I was thinking about this a couple days ago. I'm wondering if HN is going to provide a new meter? I hope everyone is staying safe.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

The page says it won't be.

Gee, that's really nice of them to basically discount all of us who still use a computer.  Smiley Sad

Though I can look on the SCC, I rely on the Usage Meter, as 99% of my HughesNet usage is with my desktop computer. 

SMH.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Well, I'm hoping for some kind of official response, so we won't have to speculate. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I apologize for the inconvenience, I will pass your feedback on to management. We do offer different options for the customer to be able to view the data usage. You can always download the mobile app, System Control Center, and Customer Management Center.

Kathy

Highlighted

Kathy, does this mean the meter is going away and won't be replaced?   No need to apologise, by the way -- business is business and it's all adapt or die....Smiley Happy 

KathyVoss wrote:

I apologize for the inconvenience, I will pass your feedback on to management. We do offer different options for the customer to be able to view the data usage. You can always download the mobile app, System Control Center, and Customer Management Center.

Kathy

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Don't forget this one, though you have to be signed in like with the My Account site.  

Capture.JPG

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit