cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter is CRAP, indicates usage when my system (PC/MODEM/ROUTER was powered OFF! LIES LIES LIES

Usage meter is CRAP, indicates usage when my system (PC/MODEM/ROUTER was powered OFF! LIES LIES LIES

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Usage meter is CRAP, indicates usage when my system (PC/MODEM/ROUTER was powered OFF! LIES LIES LIES

I watched some video news Monday, and Tues. a.m. my usage still showed about 900mb. Shut system down. Tues. afternoon when I restarted usage showed 1.9GB! So the usage is being reported in "Batch" mode, NOT realtime. My history is never up to date, always about two days behind. So 2-3 hours of Fox News video used about 1GB. Hugesnet is NOT good for video, too much delay with signal being transmitted thru satellite, modem, router, etc.

Re: Usage meter is CRAP, indicates usage when my system (PC/MODEM/ROUTER was powered OFF! LIES LIES LIES

Hi sprucegoose,

Welcome to our community, we're here to help. Could you tell me what usage meter you are referring to? Is it the one you install on your computer? If you're using a web based meter, be sure to look at the usage in http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com 

There are also things we can do to test for data loss, or to help pinpoint it. 

Thanks,
Amanda
New Poster

the new modems eat data.  they are crap.  please send out the old modems or a fix for these.
New Poster

i purchased 4 16gb sessions this month alone.  modem is 1 month old.  what a waste of money and time.