cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

Freshman

Re: Usage meter javascript error

I had this problem happen to me this weekend too. I wonder if an unrelated program updated and caused the glitch ?

Thank you to the OP for the repair.  I probabaly would have never figured it out.  

Sophomore

@tevansnc wrote:

I wonder if an unrelated program updated and caused the glitch ?

An "unrelated program" like "Bob's Knitting Made Easy for Windows" or something that just happened to know exactly where status-meter.config was, and stomped on it?   Not a chance.

If anyone comes along and gets the error and has not done the fix, please make a copy of status-meter.config first, then after doing the fix, do a comparison between the two versions of the file.  I never had the thing installed, otherwise I'd look into it myself.

That did it for me!    Thank you  -I tried the whole Java Runtime install and same problem so went to the Roaming Folder in App Data and folders from previous and the current install were there even after uninstalling.  So I deleted the old folder and had to go to Task Manager and end the current Hughes Net Usage Meter Background Processes ( two separate instances) to be able to delete the current folder in App Data.  Then I reinstalled the current Usage Meter and it worked fine like before.  Smiley Happy   Thank you so much again!

Junior

Fwiw I had the same problem and this was my experience …

1. Uninstalled & reinstalled usage meter.  Problem remained.
  2. Uninstalled usage meter.  Uninstalled & reinstalled JRE. Reinstalled Usage Meter.  Problem remained.
  3. Cleared the contents of C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter\ and then: Uninstalled usage meter.  Uninstalled & reinstalled JRE. Reinstalled Usage Meter.  Problem fixed. 

I hope that helps somebody with similar problems.

Assistant Professor

Curious... would have thought just clearing the js cache might be enough and then restarting. Good info.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
RG
Sophomore

Your fix worked for me! Thanks for the information , Need to look at community first before calling tech support!

RG

RG
Sophomore

Meter working now ,Thank you for the fix. Was working fine until a lightning storm rolled through and power kept going on and off, so now when weather gets bad i shut the computer down!

RG

Distinguished Professor IV

@RG wrote:

Meter working now ,Thank you for the fix. Was working fine until a lightning storm rolled through and power kept going on and off, so now when weather gets bad i shut the computer down!

RG

You'd never think a power issue could, or even would, cause something like this, and why it does, at least for you and I, is definitely a head scratcher.  At least it can be fixed, though, thankfully.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

This problem cropped up again today.  The good news is that the steps identified above still fix the problem.  Is there something Hughesnet can do to avoid the problem cropping up?  Is there something I can do to avoid having this problem crop up over and over?

New Poster

This solution did not work for me. I installed the latest update of Java and reinstalled the usage meter. Still getting the unexpected token error. Also when I go online and check my usage, it is not billing correctly. Everything is being put into the anytime data skot which causes me to fall short by about 2 days every month. I spoke with tech support abo0ut this to no satisfaction. This is affecting my business and I rely could use some help.