cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

New Poster

Re: Usage meter javascript error

I solved this by uninstalling the program, deleating the folder in the error message, and then reinstalling the program. Installing and uninstalling Java did nothing.

Distinguished Professor IV

@FredB wrote:

I solved this by uninstalling the program, deleating the folder in the error message, and then reinstalling the program. Installing and uninstalling Java did nothing.

Unfortunately, the reply that should really be marked as the solution (Corrosive's) isn't the one that is marked as such.  Java itself is unrelated to the issue.

Uninstalling meter, deleting the folder in question, and reinstalling the meter, like you did, is all that is needed.  

It's an odd little error that seems to pop up without rhyme or reason.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Same problem for me on a MAC.   

Hi - please reference my reply in this thread 

Thank you

Amanda

Distinguished Professor IV

Had this pop up on me again today.  Had to perform a hard shutdown due to my desktop freezing.  When I started it back up, sure enough, it was there, staring at me with its ugly little message.  Smiley Sad  

Closed the meter down (had to do it through the task manager), uninstalled it, deleted the info in the offending folder, reinstalled the meter and now it's working fine.  Smiley Happy

Edit:  For those who experience this for the first time on a Windows based computer, you'll most likely have to enable the viewing of hidden items to see the AppData folder and its contents.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Senior Instructor

Vampy,

Try uninstalling the status meter and usage meter from your system, then navigate to C:\Users\Vampy\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter\, and delete anything that desides in that folder.  Also navigate to c:\program files\hughesnet-usage-meter and delete anything that may reside in that folder.  Then download and install the latest version (Should be 6.6) and see what happens.

I have been referred to this entry as the proper fix for the Java Script error on usage meter.  Sounds good to me but I need a map for the  journey to get there.  Could you tell me step by step how to safely navigate to those places where I need to go?   Sure would appreciate your directions.

Assistant Professor

@jimmie_evlyn

I left you a response with instructions in the other thread:
https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Why-is-Gen5-using-way-more-data-that-Gen4-ever-did/t...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

Thanks Mark.  I read your entry kin the other thread.  My problem is still that I do mot know where to look for the directory you have told me to look for.   

Assistant Professor

Whoops, then it's probably best you don't mess with it then.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

Thank you.  My sentiments exactly.   I need very specific, step by step instructions.