cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

Freshman

Re: Usage meter javascript error

YIPPEE?!

There were two files there one for status and one for usage. Terminal did not seem to like your rm -rf initially, had to get to the directory and deleted one then the other, reloaded 6.7 and voila, it came up no complaints.  Really appreciate your staying with this, I know just enough having forgotten much unix to be dangerous, I miss my Sun Workstation.  The "1" is an artifact? from migration like iMac (3) on my finder devices, should do "temps" and then delete I suppose but it doesn't bother me enough, only one of me in users on this Mac.  However, the old mac has two variations of my name and the name associated with the Application Support Folder and all its contents on new mac are not the "1" version, migartion again I suppose.

If interested:

iMac-3:Application Support haroldwmurphy$ pwd
/Users/haroldmurphy 1/Library/Application Support
iMac-3:Application Support haroldwmurphy$ 

And the new Hughes support file in the above folder:

drwx------ 7 haroldwmurphy staff 238 Jan 28 09:27 HughesNet Usage Meter

Thanks Again  BZ

Assistant Professor

No problem. I seemed to recall an old transfer or OS update that did something similar to this.

Glad we could figure this out.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

I have just tried again to istall the usage meter.  When it finally does install, it has the same old java scrpt error it has had for months.  I need that meter and I need some step by step  instructions on how to get a working copy on my machine.  Without the meter. I have no way to to install my accumulated data tokens, of whch I have many.  Used to be they could be installed from either the meter or the usage page.  Now, on the usage page, they have a link to buy more  tokens but the link to use available tokens is grayed out and inactive: Data Tokens Available: 34500 MB 

The way Gen 5 eats up Data, I am gong to run out in a very short time, just a matter of an hour or two.

Monthly Plan Allowance: 20.0GB
Monthly Plan Remaining: 2.391GB

Tokens Available To You
 Data Token - 3 GB (3000MB) :$9.00Purchase
 Data Token - 5 GB (5000MB) :$15.00Purchase
 Data Token - 10 GB (10000MB) :$30.00Purchase
 Data Token - 25 GB (25000MB) :$75.00Purchase
 Token - Prepaid (500MB) :0 AvailableUse
 Token - Free (500MB) :0 AvailableUse

Distinguished Professor III

@jimmie_evlyn

If you're showing 34500MB in the Data Tokens Available, like my 33000 in the picture below, that means they're already banked and ready to be automatically utilized if/when you run out of your plan data.  I don't know about how to solve your Usage Meter Javascript error issue, though.  The listed fix should work.    

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Thanks GabeU.  Mine looks exactly like yours.   Have not had to use a data token for a long time and at that time, when you ran out of data, you had to activate a token in order to remove the throttle they put on your usage.  I had no idea that had been automated.  That's nice that it kicks in automatically.   Guess I can live without that meter if I can access my data.  But I do think Hughesnet should fix that tool.

@jimmie_evlyn

You're welcome.  I had a legacy plan back in the day, too, so I remember very well using those tokens, AND the challenge it was to be able to do so.  There was nothing like trying to get to the token page and having it time out.  Smiley Tongue 

With regard to the Status Meter, I have another idea.  I don't know if it will make any difference, but you could try uninstalling the meter, if it's installed, then delete the HughesNet folder in AppData and empty your trash.  Then run CCleaner to clean your registry.  Then try the meter installation again.  Again, I don't know that this will make any difference, but it's just another idea to try.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

"Delete the HughesNet folder in AppData."

GabeU, I would love to do that if I could just get someone to tell me HOW to get to that HughesNet folder in AppData.  I have no idea how to get to that folder, but I do appreciate your suggestions. I just need a steer in the right direction. 

This thought just hit me.....maybe I can find that on Google. 

@jimmie_evlyn

If you know how to get into "This Computer" or "My Computer" or whatever it's called on your Windows system to get to your drives, click that to go there.  Once there, you have to enable the hidden folders view.  Click "View", then check the box next to "Hidden items", like in the picture below.  If you don't enable hidden items, you won't be able to see the AppData folder and its contents.  

large.jpg

Next, click on C, then click Users, then the folder that has your name (it may be the middle one), then click AppData, then click Roaming.  In the Roaming folder you'll see the HughesNet Usage Meter folder.  Right click the HughesNet Usage Meter folder and select Delete.  This should delete the folder.  Then use the back arrow (on the upper left) and go back to the first screen, uncheck the box next to "Hidden items", then X out of, or close, the window.  Then empty the recycle bin.  Then run CCleaner and clean the registry.  

Don't forget to uncheck the box to re-hide the items that are normally hidden.  They're hidden for a good reason.  

Then download and install the new meter.  Hopefully this will work.  

If you've never used CCleaner, make sure to save a backup of the registry, which CCleaner will prompt you to do by default when you go to clean the items found.

Sophomore

Thank you so much, GabeU.  That is exactly what I needed.  I sincerely appreciate your help.  

@jimmie_evlyn wrote:

Thank you so much, GabeU.  That is exactly what I needed.  I sincerely appreciate your help.  

You're very welcome.  Happy to help.  Smiley Happy