cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

New Poster

Re: Usage meter javascript error

Ghanx GabU,

It has been since I updated to Win 10, right when it was first available, that I have had this problem. (A long time ago I might add.) Perviously I was just uninstalling, deleteing anything I could "see" refering to HughesNet Usage meter and reinstalling. No joy there. It was not until I deleted the hidden items and running CCleaner, then installing the latest version of HughesNet Usage meter did I sucessfully get it to run.

Thank you so much!

Distinguished Professor III

@rondekarske

You're very welcome.  I'm glad you found the info helpful and you were able to get the issue fixed.  It's an annoying one, that's for sure. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

@rondekarske and @GabeU

Congrats rondekarske on getting that meter to work.  I'd love to have mine working but gave up on it long ago.  I"m happy for anyone who can get it to work.  I think it is time Hughesnet came up with something that works that does not require non-technical people to go into areas of their computers that could cause additional problems.  Thanks for the notification.  I always like to know if something has changed. 

@jimmie_evlyn

You're still having the same issue?  Have you gone through the steps of deleting the HughesNet Usage Meter folder inside "C:\Users\[your User name]\AppData\Roaming\"?  Remember, you have to enable the hidden items view to be able to even see the AppData folder and its contents.  

Also remember, before deleting the HughesNet Usage Meter folder you must quit the meter that is running before deleting the folder, which you do by right clicking the green or blue donut in the taskbar and clicking "Exit".  Then delete the HughesNet Usage Meter folder.  Then restart the meter by clicking on the shortcut on your desktop or the application in your Start Menu.  

Conversely, if you don't see any green or blue donut in the taskbar, even when clicking the up arrow thing in case it's hidden, you can quit the HughesNet Usage Meter through the task manager.  Press CTRL+ALT+Delete at the same time, and click on Task Manager.  Then, on the Processes tab, look for the HughesNet Usage Meter entries.  There will probably be two.  Right click them and click End Task.  Actually, Right clicking on the one with the green donut will probably quit both of them.  If it doesn't, make sure to quit the other one, too.  Then, delete the HughesNet Usage Meter folder mentioned above and restart the meter.  It should work.  

ONLY use the task manager method if you don't see the meter in the taskbar, even if hidden, and make sure to ONLY quit the HughesNet Usage Meter entries, nothing else.  If the entries are changing place it's because they are listed by amount of CPU or Memory usage each entry is using, which constantly changes.  Click on Name to stop it and have the entries listed by name.  

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I've been reading all the posts related to this issue and finally got the Status Meter working after two days of trying everything I knew to try. Here is my story. I'm running Windows 10 with Google Chrome as my browser. I had a power failure while online and lost my Hughesnet status meter when my PC came back up. Nothing I tried would put it back on the task bar. I eventually deleted it and tried downloading it again and, like everyone else, got the "Javascript" error message. I think my mistake was I didn't completely delete the previous version from my machine before downloading it. Uninstalling it from my control panel/programs file was not near enough. Deleting it from the appdata file and clearing my recycle bin did the trick. Thanks for your post.

@rbenne17

Unfortunately, a power outage is when I get hit with it, too.  We get a lot of wind storms here, and the power just loves to go out when it happens.  And when the power comes back on and I boot up, it's inevitable that the javascript error will be there to welcome me back.  Smiley Tongue 

New Poster

After going through the hoops of deleting and reinstalling Hughes Usage Meter and JavaScript, removing the folder "\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter" is what ultimately fixed my issue.

Did upgading to the Gen5 modems cause this issue?

RG
Sophomore

Upgrading to Gen5 is not the problem. The problem lies with Hughes as when the "NEW" status meter was upgraded ,the status meter will crash when you have a power loss and computer on. This problem has and will always be there until Hughes writes a new code that is    not prone to crashing!

Assistant Professor

Constantly seeing people uninstalling Usage Meter and Java then reinstalling them, only to find out it did nothing.

The posts that suggest that fix should be rooted out and burned.

The problem is and has always been with corruption of the local user files on every platform. Unistalling always leaves those behind.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

I was told by one of HN phone tech suppport people that Usage Meter won't work with the latest W10 update and he advised me to just unistall it and to use HN website, instead, to see my usage. Another rep had no clue about what the fisrt one said.  

What do you know? 

Thank you.