Usage meter: latest version not downloading

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Usage meter: latest version not downloading

Has anyone had an issue downloading the latest version of the usage meter?

I've tried the download 3 times now, and every time it hangs -- it just displays "downloading" and spins and spins but it never actually finishes downloading (I left it "downloading" for 20 minutes the first time, 30 minutes the second time, and again 30 minutes the third time).  How big is the file?  (ETA:56.9 MB, as it turns out).

Never actually finishes downloadingNever actually finishes downloading

23 REPLIES 23
MarkJFine
Professor

Could just be hung up. Can try and get it from the Usage page:

http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount?_mpsource=Header&_udreq=1&tab=Usage

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Continuing with the time-honored tradition of the satellite's dislike for me, that didn't work either, @MarkJFine

What the fork?What the fork?

I'll keep trying.

maratsade

Hurrah and huzzah and all that sort of thing.  Sixth time is the charm. The new meter is installed; behold the stray dot.

Let there be dotLet there be dot

@maratsade

Normally, I can check for, and download/install updated versions of the meter via my current Hughesnet Meter that sits on my desktop, but for whatever reason this time around, the download didn't go through all the way and never installed..I tried several times.

I ended up going to my account page and downloading the new version from that without any problems.

I got a stray dot too, haha...

hn1.png

maratsade

"Normally, I can check for, and download/install updated versions of the meter via my current Hughesnet Meter that sits on my desktop, but for whatever reason this time around, the download didn't go through all the way and never installed..I tried several times."

Ditto, @bare65.  I also had to try several times on the Usage page.  It's all good now, stray dot and all.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

That dot is really a very tiny pixel camera. HughesNet can watch you whenever you open the Status Meter. Smiley Wink

maratsade

I reverse-engineered it, and now I can watch them!

@BirdDog wrote:

That dot is really a very tiny pixel camera. HughesNet can watch you whenever you open the Status Meter. Smiley Wink

@maratsade wrote:

I reverse-engineered it, and now I can watch them!

laughing-emoji.jpeg

maratsade

For those who wondered what the hidden network is for -- it works with the pixel spy camera. Mua-ha-ha-ha.

@BirdDog wrote:

rofl-smiley.png

kakejobry
New Poster

My  usage meter is doing the same thing,  I hate HughesNet

maratsade

what eventually worked for me is downloading it from the Usage page.

@kakejobry wrote:

My  usage meter is doing the same thing,  I hate HughesNet

GabeU

See what I started?  Now you're all looking at that lone, misplaced dot.  😛   

As for the update/download, it worked both on my desktop and laptop, and on my folks' laptop, but I had to do it twice on my notebook.  I downloaded it through the update popup each time.  If it hadn't worked the second time with the notebook I was going to try directly downloading it from the site.  

It's really weird. I added the time% to that line, but the full stop is in the right spot:Untitled.jpeg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine

I wish I knew how to do that.  That's a much nicer Usage Meter.  

I need to move the lower portion down. looks too close to the Bonus bar bubbles.

maratsade

@MarkJFine, how did you add the percentages to the meter?

@maratsade

I added JavaScript code to do that, add the bars back, as well as added a daily history option in the graphs (which I also un-stacked). Was a developer prior to management and am dabbling for fun while in retirement.

I've forwarded the code additions to HN privately, so we'll see.

maratsade

that sounds very cool, @MarkJFine -- I didn't know people could edit proprietary software. I hope HN adopts your edits. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade

I added JavaScript code to do that, add the bars back, as well as added a daily history option in the graphs (which I also un-stacked). Was a developer prior to management and am dabbling for fun while in retirement.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

that sounds very cool, @MarkJFine -- I didn't know people could edit proprietary software. I hope HN adopts your edits. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade

No liscense agreement I see when installing, so........

That said, Mark's changes make it 10 times better IMO.

Mark, care to PM me and send me the file?