Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter: latest version not downloading

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: Usage meter: latest version not downloading

@maratsade wrote:

that sounds very cool, @MarkJFine -- I didn't know people could edit proprietary software. I hope HN adopts your edits. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade

I added JavaScript code to do that, add the bars back, as well as added a daily history option in the graphs (which I also un-stacked). Was a developer prior to management and am dabbling for fun while in retirement.

I've forwarded the code additions to HN privately, so we'll see.

No liscense agreement I see when installing, so........

That said, Mark's changes make it 10 times better IMO.

Mark, care to PM me and send me the file? 

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

It's several files, actually:

1 css

6 html

2 png

1 js

1 json

I'm just not sure where they all go in a Windows installation, but they go in various places under the app's Resources/app tree.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

It's several files, actually:

1 css

6 html

2 png

1 js

1 json

I'm just not sure where they all go in a Windows installation, but they go in various places under the app's Resources/app tree.

I'm up for testing it and finding out. I'm pretty familiar with digging into sources in Windows for program trees. If you're not comfortable until Hughes replies I understand.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

For those that are having issues downloading the meter from Hughesnet, I have updated my Change Log here, and at my website with links to Dropbox with the 6.7.0 download available.

@MarkJFine care to PM me the files you have if you have updated them to be 6.7.0 compliant?  I would like to write a how-to on my website my next day off and include it in the FAQ of it so people can hopefully have the old style meter back, with the newer options that are available.