Usage meter unusable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StellaS119
New Poster

Usage meter unusable

On two different  laptops I have had the Usage Meter totally fail.  It will download and then tell me there is a javascript error and it cannot itialize.  EVERYTHING else on my computer that needs javascrpt works. 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Try this fix:

1. Fully quit the Usage Meter from its own menu by clicking on the donut in the menubar and clicking "Quit".
2. Look for the following directory
   Windows: C:\Users\[your User name]\AppData\Roaming\
   Mac: /Users/[your User name]/Library/Application Support/
3. Carefully delete just the "HughesNet Usage Meter" folder under that and empty the trash.
4. Restart the Usage Meter. This will regenerate all the underlying information as if it were run for the first time, thus correcting the error.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@StellaS119 wrote:

On two different  laptops I have had the Usage Meter totally fail.  It will download and then tell me there is a javascript error and it cannot itialize.  EVERYTHING else on my computer that needs javascrpt works. 

Is this happening when you are trying to install the Usage Meterr or after it's already installed and it's trying to run?    

Liz

Good morning StellaS119,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. I hope maratsade's suggestion worked for you, it has been a good workaround for other customers with similar issues. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!