Usage meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustic39
Freshman

Usage meter

I use two laptops (on the same Hughes Net account)  to access the internet. The Usage Meters don't agree as to data used/days left in cycle. Any way to bring them into agreement with each other?

4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not sure how that is possible since the info is pulled from the modem and server. Possibly one laptop is not updating as it should. Have you tried exiting/closing the meter on both then restarting it and see if they aree?

Are you looking at the exact same meter from the same site? There are at least three variations depending where you are viewing from and they can read 1% different on the circle/donut meter. I haven't really compared the mobile app meter, that is a fourth location.

The most accurate meter is at my.hughesnet.com as the numbers below the circle meters indicate use to the MB.

I believe Amanda (mod) is looking into getting them all to agree.

montylee
Freshman

Not an answer to your problem, but I find the usage meter totally unreliable. I have the same different values between two computers connected to the same modem. But to complicate things, the usage meter displays completely different data than what I see when I log onto the controlcenter (or via my.hughesnet.com). Same modem, same service plan, but totally different readings.

Liz

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting, yes Amanda escalated this concern last week. We'll post back once we have any news to share. The meter in the support center has the data remaining down to the MB if you prefer, whereas the System Control Center displays the data in GB.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hello,

These differences between the usage meters will be corrected in upcoming releases of each of the platforms (online, app, mobile app). No time frame was provided for the upcoming releases, but once we have any news on them we'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!