cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage statistics page?

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Usage statistics page?

Just checked, works here.
Slow to open, default dates are in 2014 so watch your date selection carefully.
Alum

Hi yorky,

Thank you for posting. Sgoshe is spot on. The old usage chart is no longer the most accurate representation of data usage. We have migrated everything so that you can track your data on the support center more efficiently. You can also download the status meter to help manage your data as well. I hope this clears things up.

- Chris
New Poster

Chris,  I am really disappointed,  the graph chart does not work well for legacy users.  And the new status meter will not run correctly in my computer.  Keeps disappearing and I have to reload it or reboot computer.  PLUS......the damn support center is almost impossible to load.  Must be the slowest website on the Internet.  darinda
Alum

Hi yorky,

You should consider upgrading to Gen4 if its available in your area. Just a suggestion. The customer care page is no longer supported but I personally feel our new support center is pretty awesome, it just takes some getting used to. Also in the picture sgoshe posted if you hover over the usage with your mouse it will give you an exact amount. I'm curious:

What kind of computer system do you have?
Is everything up to date?
Are you experiencing the support center "not loading" in all browsers?

I'm wondering because sometimes users have this problem when other things on your computer need to be brought up to speed. Looking forward to your reply. 

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted
New Poster

I really do not want anything to do with Gen 4.  Way too many people report problems with it.  And besides I am on a legacy plan which means increased cost.....we are retired and on fixed income.  I am running Windows 7 (64 bit).  I have three laptops running in my home network.  My husband has a desktop also in the home network.  Before you say anything I want nothing to do with windows 8.  And the new windows 10 is out of the question as they have disabled updates.  All updates on Windows 10 will be automatic......out of the question for people that are on Hughes system with limited downloads available.  At least now I can choose when to download and install updates.  And yes everything is up to date per Microsoft.  I use Chrome and Firefox for browsers.  They are both up to date also.  Guess I will limp along like we have for several years now......but rest assured when a better option comes along for us.....we will be history with Hughes.  darinda
Alum

Hi yorky,

Yes updating to any of the newer operating systems is not what I would recommend at least not as soon as its released. It would be better to see how people react. I'm actually hoping that people will complain enough for them to re-consider the change to the windows update system. Windows 8? Stay far away from that :-). 

The other computers you speak of, is the status meter behaving the same way with those?

- Chris
New Poster

Glad to see I'm not the only one paranoid about "windows"  LOL  I'm not sure about my other laptops re: the hughes meter.  I do not use them as much as this laptop.  I will have to run them for a while to determine if they have the problem.  I will try to do that in the next few days.  One is beside my bed and the other hooked up to my embroidery machine in sewing room.  I do know my husbands desktop has the same issues.  It's a PITA to keep the meter working.
Assistant Professor

I've been using 8.1 Pro for several years now and works great! I have Classic Shell installed and my desktop looks and works just like 7. Don't use any of the touch or store or tile features.
I get fewer lockups and BSODs than I did with 7.
Alum

Hi sgoshe,

I'm sure it works great for you. I used to work for Geek Squad not too long ago and when windows 8 first came out man did that thing have issues lol. I just stay away now. Windows 7 has always treated me well :-)

- Chris
Assistant Professor

Yea, 8 was pretty bad, why they came out with the free upgrade to 8.1 so quickly. Many folks don't realize 8 and 8.1 are practically different operating systems.

I may stay with it for a while and not jump on the free upgrade to 10. Not liking the automatic updates, no off setting either.