For the last few weeks, when checking my usage under myHughesNet/My Account/Usage have to refresh the page 5-10 times before the pie charts appear lettinge me know how much standard and bonus bandwidth I have used. I get the following error under Usage side of the web page "Your site is not active at this time. [CC: B0]" after many tries I get the standard display. When I click on "View History," 9 out of ten times I get "No Data Available For This Account." Interestingly I can check my hourly usage at http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frmUsage.cfm when providing my SAN and date of interest (one day at a time), so I know there is data for my account. My HughesNet system is Gen5, HT2000W, connection via HT2000W wifi, Windows 10 most recent updates, Google Chrome and Edge, Satellite Receive Signal Strength 100. Additional information, I frequently have to try several times to get to a website, including Google.com - I get the silly dinosaur "sorry website not found."
Download and upload speeds using TestMy.net are fine, but I have difficulity viewing simple youtube diy videos. I also just ran three a ping tests on 184.108.40.206 from the command prompt. The first two were fine with time ranging from 779 to 830ms. The third test had two "Request timed out" "Packets: sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss).
Any thoughts? - thanks for reading this,
It's a known issue. We just need to wait for them to fix it, and sometimes this can take a long time. You can check usage with the meter or the app, so you may want to try one or both.
In addition to the two methods maratsade gave, you can also see your data on the System Control Center (SCC) home page.
On a separate topic, and regarding the packet loss you saw, do you see such while pinging any other sites? What kind of results do you see when you run the Connectivity Test at the SCC?
GabeU, thanks for the input. SSC works fine. Connectivity Test is normal (560 ish and no packet loss). I have pinged other sights with highly variable outcomes. Generally 800-1000ms and often 25-75 percent timed out. Approximatly 30 percent of the time when going to websites I have to try twice, due to time outs or website cannot be found.
Another thing, I saw your response this morning around 10 am pacific. I could not even log onto hughesnet to respond until this afternoon, trying at least 20 times. I got several different "notes" among, them were password doesn't match user name (it does, since that is what I am using now), can't find website, and "there seems to be a problem, if it persists contact hughesnet support."
Though I wasn't online to see it, it may be that the sign on issue you experienced this morning was a temporary glitch, especially with the message it gave you. I don't know if it would be related to the Usage page issue, but it's very possible. If it keeps happening, though, I would definitely say so, as that problem is an even bigger one that the Usage page issue(s).
As for the ping tests, the time outs might be indicative of some kind of problem. You may want to run a traceroute to a few of the websites or domains that you see problems with and then post the results, either as a snapshot/snip or a copy/paste. I'm not very versed in what they say, or rather who they say it about (the separate hops), but it might help to determine whether Century Link could be a part of the problem, as they seem to be having some issues as of late and they're involved in a LOT of internet transmissions. @MarkJFine is pretty knowledgeable with traceroutes and what they say, and @maratsade may be able to tell where a problem lies from the information they give as well. Networking is my weakest area, unfortunately.
I actually got an error saying my password was wrong for the Community this morning even though it's auto-filled.
What that tells me is that there might be an intermittent connection problem to whatever does authentication.
This might also cause other database-related data pertinent to your account not to be shown correctly, such as data usage, video saver settings, etc, even if only on occasion.
I'm not an expert in how things are set up, but it does seem to be a common denominator.
Thanks, still messing around and checking on things. Passwords and logging on now seem to be working 90 % of the time. Getting onto websites still taking a few tries, I'm guessing from timeouts, so I just try the site again and normally get in on the second try. It is frustrating, but I can live with it as long as I get in without too many tires. I could complaiin, but I've been with Hughes since the days of dialing in via the telephone and getting downloads via the satellite (sometime around 2001). The new world order of Gen5 is way better than the old days and it lets me live in an avocado grove, in the boonies of north San Diego County and still be able to do my data work.