cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Glasswire to determine a "Leak" (in this case a gusher)

Assistant Professor

Re: Using Glasswire to determine a "Leak" (in this case a gusher)

Like Gabe said, no way that is internet traffic, has to be local.
Distinguished Professor IV

Yep, it's what I thought....

It's local, not internet traffic.  

Glasswire is simply counting the data that is being transferred between your system and your external drive.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Associate Professor

Notice, Local vs External... The traffic isn't hitting your WAN, it's staying local to your network... As in, that's how much data has been sent from your computer, to the NAS.

I run Acronis 2016 to do these backups, which is a full backup followed by 5 incremental backups.  Then the cycle repeats.  The backups are done weekly on Wednesdays.

Assistant Professor

I have a router that monitors internet use so I don't use Glasswire. Would think there is a setting to separate local use or eliminate reporting it. 

williamtobler, 

Up above where it shows the graph wheel, there's an options pulldown.  You can change it to show only external to eliminate showing what doesn't count, ISP data wise.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

How would Glasswire distinguish with its jargon between this and that?
Highlighted

The options above the graph wheel.  Change it to external and it will show only internet traffic.  

If it is reporting all internet outgoing traffic over the period of Aug 28 to Jan 1, the number of 4.4GB is believable.  I post videos of our Township Board meetings.