cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utterly confused about data usage

Assistant Professor

Re: Utterly confused about data usage

Finally kicked in at 9:48, maybe downloading browser update for my tablet made it react.

im thinking its house rules, house always wins. we signed contracts. they arent legally obligated to deliver reliable service. says so in the contract. i hate to think negative, but, im just sayin. 

yea, i feel pressred too, to throw more money at them. maybe thats the gimmick. we need to hold them to responsibility. im on the 5/5 plan. 60+ dollars a month. i'd throw more $ at them for a better plan. this metering is wrong. what a rackit. ha!

pretty sure that the laws are going to change the first of the year. they may be compelled by law to offer better plans. its not like they only have one little jar of bytes they have to share with everyone.  ya know?

Great job, sgoshe, I'm saving these screenshots. Thank you! 

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

Thanks Liz, basically it took 2 1/2 hours before the Hughes meter(s) started registering the actual usage.
Again, I have seen the reverse where the usage registers more than is used. This is much harder to catch and document as readings are after the fact as far as what usage was when it starts happening.
Will try to catch and record it but will be hit or miss and much more difficult unless I record my beginning usage everyday until it starts to occur. Suppose I can do that.

You're welcome, sgoshe. Yes, I understand trying to catch this in the act is tricky, and I appreciate you getting these screenshots to us. These will help in our investigation, so thank you!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Well, I just missed a big one. I was using the internet for about an hour and a half and somehow used an entire GB in that time. GlassWire telling me I only used 130Mb's since I got online. Everyone else in my house is asleep, all devices are off and disconnected from the internet except my Laptop and Ipad. Daytime seems to just waste away very quickly also. Gonna be another long week plus of unusable speeds at this rate. Getting kinda fed up with this. Fell like I'm getting robbed.

Hi Zlash,

Thanks for posting back. You mentioned your iPad was on as well. As I understand, and anyone who's more familiar with Glasswire, please correct me if I'm wrong, Glasswire only monitors the usage on the machine it's on, so it doesn't account for your iPad's usage.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Correct. It does. But, I have auto-updates turned off, and I never told it to update anything. It's been on constantly for over a year and has never done anything like that before. So I feel it had nothing to do with it.