cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utterly confused about data usage

Re: Utterly confused about data usage

Thanks for the clarification, Zlash. Despite auto-updates turned off, it seems that there may be other activities running in the background, unrelated to updates. As seen in the posts in this thread about data usage in the Apple community, there are many variables to consider. That's why when we typically start assisting someone reporting unidentified data usage, we cut all devices from the equation and focus on the HughesNet modem first. I don't know if you've seen this posted in other threads in the community before, but these are the first steps we have people take if there's any question about usage:

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Happened again today around the same time. Maybe someone is just sneaking on and I'm not realizing it. I'll have to try that if something goes weird again.

I hope you find out, Zlash. We'll be here if you need us.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Well, my issues don't stop just there. I've been throttled for quite a few days now and it is just way, way too slow. I can't actually get Speedtest.net to load up on my laptop, but I could get it to work on my ipad through the app. Its telling me my download is 0.04Mbps which if I'm correct, translates to 40KBps. I know I'm supposed to get 150kb. (which is still ungodly slow in my opinion) So what's up with that? It took me over 20 minutes last night to download 7Mbs, and it takes me well over 96 hours to download 500+Mb's. It's just way, way too slow to actually browse with. Takes 3 minutes at least to load a simple page. Is there any way we can hope for higher throttled speeds in the future? Something useable like maybe 1Mb down for throttled? Annoying I have speeds of 20Mbs+ with data and then it drops to a point so low it's un useable.

Good morning Zlash,

FAP speeds are approximately 150kbps, which can also be subject to peak time congestion, so those speeds, like regular service plan speeds, are not guaranteed. Especially now with schools on Thanksgiving break, please be mindful that an increase in traffic is expected.

Fortunately, you still have all the tokens given to you earlier this month, so you have those at your disposal if needed. 

As for higher throttled speeds for the future, we'll pass that to our management for consideration. Thank you for the feedback. If there are any new features we can share, you will find out.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Assistant Professor

Kind of doubt it will ever be raised to anything close to 1Mbs though.