cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY UN-HAPPY CUSTOMER!

VERY UN-HAPPY CUSTOMER!

I have been looking for an internet provider but none could help, do the area we live, on a side of a mountain. So I called Hughes Net and talked with the sales rep. I explained we been using our cell phone data and that is getting expensive, we wanted internet not data. The rep asked what do we do on the internet - I said we surf, download, upload, streaming, gaming. The rep said that Hughes Net had just what we needed unlimited internet to satisfy our needs. We bought the service.

We were having trouble watching a 30 second video, it would take 5 min to load. A 2 hr video would take over 5 hr to load. That's just loading not watching the movie. Emailed Tec-support, they informed me that my "DATA" was used up. I FLIPPED OUT. No were on Hughes Net website dose it say they are a data service provider. NOR did the sales rep say anything about "DATA". Sales rep said I will have the freedom to do all we like on the internet.

So I waited for my "DATA" cycle to start over. From midnight to that late morning (12 hrs) computer was shut off, cell phones shut off, everyone sleeping or working we used 1Gigabyte. Within 24 hours of new cycle we have used 2.7 Gigabytes and nobody home to use it, everything is off. At this rate our 10 Gigabytes service plan will be used up within 7 days in the cycle. NOT WORTH MY MONEY!

HUGHES NET BEING YOU LIED TO ME AND FAILED TO POST THAT YOU ARE A DATA SERVICE PROVIDER, NOT INTERNET PROVIDER. I AM GIVING YOU 6 DAYS FROM TODAY JANUARY 29, 2016 TO FIX YOUR MESS UP. IF NOT, I WILL RIP YOUR EQUIPMENT OUT OF MY HOUSE AND THROW IT INTO THE ROAD AND I WILL NOT PAY A PENNY. SO I ADVISE YOU TO CORRECT THIS ASAP.
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: VERY UN-HAPPY CUSTOMER!

All I can say is look at these pages...

Fair Access Policy (FAP): http://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen4.cfm
Contract: http://legal.hughesnet.com/ForYourHome.cfm

Hughesnet IS a capped service, check out the FAP page and it will give you more info, When you signed up with the service you chose what speed and data allotment you wanted. If you want some help, post your modem serial number or any recent case numbers, the reps can locate your account and see what can be done.
If you go to http://192.168.0.1 you can view your data usage and see how much data you have left. 
Associate Professor

Destroying the equipment will result in a rather hefty fee on your account ($100 for the modem, and $200 for the transmitter), and if you are over your 30 days, you will also be subject to an ETF ($400) unless the sales call shows that they did, in fact, lie about data allowance during the sales pitch.

Also, anything that connects to the internet is data, every image, every word.  The internet is in essence, data.  An ISP does nothing but deliver data, some have capacity limits, some do not, Hughesnet is one of the MANY that do.

Also, http://hughesnet.com after you click "Plans and Pricing" and enter in your address will list data allowances for the month.

In the meantime I suggest posting your modems serial number, or a recent case number, avoid posting your SAN/DSS number.  The serial will be located on a sticker on the back or bottom of your modem.  This will allow moderators here to look your account up and pull the sales call to check for what was said, or not said, and to see if your ETF can be waived.  If you do decide to cancel, a return box will be sent out for you to send the modem and transmitter back.
Assistant Professor

People who make threats in caps are usually beyond help and any reasonable discussion from my experience.

"The rep said that Hughes Net had just what we needed unlimited internet to satisfy our needs." 

If you post a case number then an Official Rep can have the sales call reviewed.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled VERY UN-HAPPY CUSTOMER!.
Alum

Hi cuervoman,

Thank for posting and welcome to the community! I would highly suggest not throwing out your equipment. As we are here to help if that is what you are looking for. I will be sending in a request to have your sales call reviewed so that we can verify exactly what as explained to you during the call. I'm also curious what website you are speaking of? Our data allowance is made clear on our websites, so if there is something out there that is off we would like to fix it asap. Once I have more information on the sales call review I will let you know.

Thank you,
Chris

The rep said I can do all the things that I mention and that he suggested a speed for us. When the rep said 10 gigabytes I was taking that as speed not "DATA ALLOUNCE". If I knew this was a Data service I would of never gone with Hughes Net. We need high speed unlimited internet so we can do our work from home. But like most companies they leave out some important details put in the smallest print and screw their customers.

How can anyone take my money if I don't authorize it. If I choose to trash the equipment it is on Hughes Net. Think I really care after I was miss lead and costing me more money than the service is worth. There is a difference when saying "data" / "internet". Data is expensive and limited. Internet is cheap and unlimited. So yea there is a difference.
Alum

Hi cuervoman,

In case you missed my reply. We have sent in a request. However if our agent stated the data allowance and you mistook it, you probably should have asked more questions if you were not sure. That fault can not be put on a sales agent just because it was misinterpreted. The sales call review will look into all aspects of the call to see if he/she was misleading. If they were, we'll gladly let you out of the contract with no fees. Vice versa, then the fee's would be valid. We'll know soon enough.

Thank you,
Chris
Assistant Professor

10 GB speed? Not sure even the DOD, NSA, or CIA get speed even close to that!