cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!! Plan to file a complaint with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau.

VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!! Plan to file a complaint with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau.

slow service and need a lot more data.  was giving phone service we didn't need .  called and was helped to raise my data plan in the beliefs that the phone service could be dropped and would allow the bill to remain the same.  then told I cant drop the phone service.  as soon as I can call the other companies in my area I will drop the entire service.

24 REPLIES 24
Associate Professor

Re: VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!! Plan to file a complaint with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau.

If you have filed complaints via the FCC and BBB, then your issues will be taken care of via the proper channels at Hughesnet and not here.

Re: VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!! Plan to file a complaint with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau.

Hello atabor1209,

Welcome to our community and thank you for the post. We'd like to help you out on your concerns but first need to locate your account and review it. Do you have a case number or the serial number from your modem? And if you have already fired a BBB or FCC complaint, you will be receiving a reply letter from our corporate office within the allotted 30 business days provided by the FCC or BBB. 

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted

Just keep in mind that if you cancel before your contract is up then you will be charged a substantial early termination fee. Try calling and talking to a different Rep, some are just there to get a paycheck and others actually want to help you.

It would help if you could understand the reps. They speak too fast, and have a terrible accent. Of course most are in the Philipines or texas which they are Mexicans.  Just Saying ~~~~~

I just closed one account and still have another one to go.  Just waiting on the Contract to end.  

I dont think it will be long and they will also be Dish.....They are pretty much now. But I hope the Customer Service improves. !!!!!

I tried to return my modem but they sent the RMA to wrong address.  Cannot reach anyone since Hughes.net web site mail does not work (keep getting error messages) they're billing me too much and I cannot even reach anyone to discuss it!

It's true.  Does Hughes actually have any offices in the USA (other than Tex Mex)--I'd like a local rep.

Yes but you cannot return their modem because cannot email...cannot speak to them...cannot reach accounting by phone--it sucks!

I wonder--Hughes.net is the absolute worst most irresponsible fraudulent company it's ever been my sorrow to do business with.  I think I'll file complaints with the FCC and BBB too--see if I can get some help