VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connier
New Poster

VPN

I was told today to post here to ensure this topic is brought to the attention of management at Hughesnet. When I signed up for Hughesnet I explained that I use VPN and nothing was said about the speed degradation at that time. Whe I called to complain about my speed they told me then. Today I spoke to a representative and he said that they are working on a solution but have no ETA. My job is at stake if I can’t get more speed and would really like to know what is being done to improve this
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I've used VPN with HN and haven't had issues.  I guess it may be just luck, and this may be why VPN is not supported, and why "HughesNet Technical Support does not provide help with configuring or troubleshooting problems associated with VPN clients."

ETA: it worked better with Gen 4, btw.

It depends on the type of and individual implementation of VPN.  If you could be more specific we may be able to ffer advice.

Most SSL-VPN's should work fine. (My Sonicwall SSL-VPN's work).

Most ipsec VPN's will not work as the high latency has a ghreater effect. (Sonicwall Globall VPN Client/Site to Site Tunnels will not work)

Following. Not only does my VPN lock up, but overall connectivity is unacceptable. I have rasied this through tech support and waiting on the "engineers" to call me back. I've also reached to Liz the moderator. But would like to see other people's responses and if you had resolution to this issue.