cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointed

Very Disappointed

I upgraded my Hughesnet to a higher speed and I see that it is no different from the first. I also keep dealing with my internet shutting down for 1 to 2 hours at a time. What is the deal? I pay you good for my service and my service at this time sucks!
4 REPLIES 4
Assistant Professor

Re: Very Disappointed

Post some test results for the Hughes or Testmy.net site. Use the 12 MB manual test if doing Testmy.net tests.

Also, the SCC is the beast place to tell you if there are problems detected on your system:  http://192.168.0.1/

Do you have a case number form a previous call? If not post the serial number from the back of you modem.
Alum

Hi shampton,

I see this is your firs post here so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us. I assure you we are her to help. I pulled up your account and see that you are being serviced by our Amarillo, Texas gateway. It has been a source of outages recently and I think that may be what you are experiencing at those times with no service. 

I also ran diagnostics on your site and everything seems to be working fine at the moment. Can you run some speed tests for us to evaluate? Head over to the customer support center and you should see our speed test reviewer. Please make sure to connect a single computer directly to your modem when you run them. Also we'll need a set of 3-5 tests, each time you run tests take about 3 in total 5 minutes apart. Then post your results here so that we can evaluate them.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

what if you are using the router for phones and tablets???
Alum

Hi shampton,

We'll be closing this thread due to inactivity. If you need more help feel free to create a new post.

Thank you,
Chris