Very Dissapointed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolomonP365
Sophomore

Very Dissapointed

I had centurylink before seeing ads about hughes net. My century link ran about 4 mbps which is pretty bad. They advertised around 20 mbps. We called and a representative of hughes net told us that we could play csgo or any online game without any issues. Its pretty close to 20 mbps which i thought was good. The issue is the latency is so high and they lie to you on the phone. They say theres no hard data limits but when you reach your data cap afterwards the internet is basically unusable. Having to buffer a video out every 10 seconds. I cant believe this company would just lie to you like that. I got this internet thinking i could watch some videos in 1080p and game like i wanted to. I should of never taken my centurylink for granite. The representatives are also very rude and unwilling to help. On top of it all im stuck in a 2 year contract. If u want a refund they make you pay an outrageous 400$ termination fee. Unbelieveable. Regret this purchase 100% -Solomon

17 REPLIES 17
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

How long ago did you start your subscription? If it's relatively recent, you can ask the HN staff on this site to review your sales call to see how the information was presented to you. 

Martasade just a little less than a month im guessing its too late now?

maratsade

Nope, not late at all.  The mods can likely pull your sales call and see what was said.  I'm tagging one of them about this.  @Liz 

Takes a few days for the process, and they will likely get back to you privately.  

okay thanks alot 

@SolomonP365,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you believe you were misled. As maratsade stated, I can review the sales call and will start the process today. Once I have the results for you, we can troubleshoot the service or go with other options available at that time. I will provide you detailed information on the other options once the results have been messaged to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding while the call is being investigated. 

-Damian 

yeah i can deal with the bad video streaming but i want to play games without lagging. i cant play csgo at all without lagging. he made it sound like i could play any game without lagging. if u listen closely he specifically said csgo and "any" online game with no issues. thank yall for taking the time to read my thread

i would like to able to get my old internet back if you guys find out that i was misled.

damian do you have an update for me yet?
maratsade

It can take several days. He'll contact you when he has some info to share. 

SolomonP365 wrote:
damian do you have an update for me yet?

alright its just really aggrivating because i have to play games on my hotspot and i still cant get decent performance
maratsade

Damian's usually on in the evenings; maybe he'll have some news for you tonight. 

@SolomonP365,

The investigation has been successfully launched and I will have results for you soon. I understand you are frustrated and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Since you seem to run out of data fairly quickly and frequently, I recommend reviewing this link http://hninfo.us/datatips for helpful tips in the meantime. I understand this will not help with the real-time, gaming issue specifically, but it may provide assistance regarding other areas you require service for. 

-Damian.

GabeU

@SolomonP365 wrote:
alright its just really aggrivating because i have to play games on my hotspot and i still cant get decent performance

Just for clarity, there's nothing that Damian or anyone else will be able to do about the issue with real time online gaming, as the latency is just too high for it to work properly, so you'll still have to use another type of internet for those kinds of games.

@GabeU yeah im just trying to play the games that the sales rep told me i could play with no issues.

@SolomonP365,

Thank you for your patience while the call was being investigated. I have provided the results via private message.

Please refer there for information.

-Damian

GabeU

@SolomonP365 wrote:

I got this internet thinking i could watch some videos in 1080p  

If you're having issues streaming in HD while you still have data, you may need to turn off, or pause, the Video Data Saver.  Keep in mind, though, that the difference in data usage between SD and HD streaming can be considerable.  With Netflix it's around 700MB per hour vs 3GB per hour, respectively.

With this said, even with the VDS paused or turned off, streaming in HD can sometimes be a bit erratic, especially in the evenings, when system congestion rears its ugly head due to so many people being online, and with many doing the same thing.  

This is just for info.  It's not meant to minimize or excuse what the phone sales rep may have incorrectly stated.

BTW, I have no doubt that CS:GO is a blast.  I played Counter Strike and Team Fortress back in 2000 - 2002 and still love the Half-Life and Half- Life 2 games.

yeah @GabeU its a pretty good game. I also like madden nfl games which is prolly my favorite i want to play both of them peacefully