Very Slow Download Speeds!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpartanElite
New Poster

Very Slow Download Speeds!

I am a new customer with Gen 5 and my Signal Strength is almost always over 120 except during storms. 

Had the service installed on Mar 1st and with the exception of just a couple small windows with over 4 Mb/s I am constantly fighting with 400kb/s For the price I pay this is unacceptable. 

Here is the link to my testmy results hope someone can help me. 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/spartanelite

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@SpartanElite 

Unfortunately, the reps aren't normally on during the weekends, but they should reply when they see this, which will probably be Monday.  

Though it may not make a difference, one thing you can try is power cycling the HughesNet modem.  To do so, unplug the modem from either the wall outlet or the power brick (NOT the back of the modem), wait at least a minute, then plug the modem back in.  Then wait about five minutes to be sure everything is back up and ready, then try the internet again.  

Again, this may not make any difference, but it can sometimes help with speed issues.

Damian

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting us. After running diagnostics on your account, I made some adjustments to the modem to speed things back up. This was a permanent adjustment and seemed to correct the issue as confirmed by a remote speed test I ran after this. Please test your speeds again on your side and post your new results here.

-Damian

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is my link with my latest tests.

According to my latest test results I am still having issues 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/spartanelite

David,

Since this fix did not help on your end, I have escalated this concern to the engineers at corporate. I will update you as soon as the investigation is completed.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Damian

Any New News? 

This is really frustrating to pay so much out of pocket just to get a service that doesn't work. 

The upload is solid at 2.5 Mb/s pretty much anytime

Since your fix I have had moments where it is allowing decent speeds. but then with no rhyme or reason to why it does it, it goes right back to below 1Mb/s where it spends most of its time. 

David,

I do apologize for the delay. While there are no current updates with a fix, your case is still being investigated. Due to the amount of time this is taking, I have applied a discount of $30 off for 6 months, which will appear once your next bill generates. I understand the discount does not fix the issue, however, we do not believe you should have to pay in full while dealing with this situation. We are working diligently to figure out what is causing your slow speeds and will provide a resolution once the investigation is completed. 

-Damian

David,

An investigation on your issue has been completed. We have come up with a fix that will allow you to receive full speeds. This would require a technician to come out and make adjustments to your dish manually. I will waive the fee for a technician to come out since this was not caused by something on your end. Please private message me a primary email and phone number for the technician to contact, along with the first and last name of the person that will be there at the time of the appointment. The person on site does not have to be yourself, however, they must be over the age of 18 years old. Appointment dates are dependent on the schedule for your local technician, so a date requested may or may not be available. Please provide me with dates and times that work the best for you, and I will schedule something as close to your request as possible. This date can ultimately be changed once the technician calls to confirm the appointment.  

-Damian

David,

Thank you for providing me that information via private message. I was able to schedule an appointment for Tuesday, Apr 2, 2019, between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. Since you will not be home until 4 pm, you can inform the technician they can arrive later into the scheduled window, once they contact you. After the repair is complete, please update us on your status.  

-Damian 

David,

Its been a while since we last heard from you. If you are still having this issue, please start a new thread and update us on your current status.

-Damian