Very Slow internet speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGardner5
New Poster

Very Slow internet speeds

For the last several months I have had very slow internet speeds. I've talked to several tech people and did speed test, reboot my system and they even rebooted my system. Still nothing has been done about it. Each time I talked to Tech Support they said I would receive a call back and that my case was escalted. I'm tired of calling and doing speed tests several times each time I call, and nothing is being done. Hughes Net really needs to start fixing the problems. 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You've come to the right place to get something done, but you will have to run tests and post the results -- best way is to get a free account with Testmy.net and run several tests a day, at different times of the day.  This will create a record the Hughesnet reps can look at.  Without this record, they can't provide much help.  Edit: or rather, they can provide limited help. The tests are necessary to get a more complete picture of what may be going on with your system. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@AGardner5

This avenue of receiving help is different than the phone help, and you won't be left hanging on this support community.  When a rep replies and starts helping you, they will continue to do so.  So, rest assured, you WILL get help here.  🙂 

As mentioned by maratsade, the reps will need some testmy.net test results in order to help.  If you've already run some, even if not using the following protocol, please feel free to list the results URL, as they may still be helpful to the reps on here.  The testing protocol is as follows...

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the manual 25MB size download test file 

-If testing upload instead of download, please use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF

Liz

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!