Very Slow internet speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emiliomejias
New Poster

Very Slow internet speeds

Since my installation, I very unsatisfying for the quality of the service. I been working through customer services all type the troubleshooting it failed ; I also try to troubleshooting with different thing on my own it failed, finally I got the modem swapped after so many calls and pointless workaround and also failed. The only alternative they offer me is a early termination with a $400 fees, dam,!!!, Help!!!
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Emilio, the Hughesnet reps will be back Monday. In the meantime, you may want to create a free account with Testmy.net and begin running speed tests. Those are a required step, so the Hughesnet people can begin to diagnose your problems. 

This post has information on how to run the tests: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/so-slow-cant-even-watch-video-or-even-load-some-web-...

Liz

Good morning Emiliomejias,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Currently you're out of data and subject to our Fair Access Policy, so that's why your speeds have been greatly reduced. I ran diagnostics on your site, and outside of being out your data allowance, the HughesNet system is working normally.

I see that you have a DirecTV set top box on your network; this can use a lot of data without your knowledge. As you can see below, out of all your devices, your DTV device used up 3 GB in 5 days. It's highly suggested to disconnect your DTV from the internet when not in use to conserve your data.

Also, for any device you see above with a "Fair" device signal quality, you should try to move closer to the modem to see if performance improves. I see in your notes that prior to running out of data, your concerns were about video buffering. Try moving closer and see if that helps. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

john12
Junior

I dought you will get any help from them. Most times when you call them you cant understand them, and it is never a problem on there end,so they say. I was on the phone for an hour last night,My up load speed was faster than my down speed.That should never be,I get up this morning and speed back to where it should be. It had to be on them. I am going to stay a while longer in hope`s  they will run cable out here in the stix.If not I will try exeade or exeede ,or what ever they call it

Hi John,

The community is here to help, just like we're offering to help the original poster. If you would like to get started on working with us to address your concerns, please create your own thread.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Emiliomejias

To expand on what Liz said about the DirecTV receiver, those receivers can use data even when you aren't actively using On Demand, and they can do so even when the unit is turned off, as it's actually in standby, and still connected to the internet.  When connected to the internet, the receivers use data for things that are normally downloaded through the DirecTV dish, like Search, Guide and Program updates/descriptions, as well as all of the parts of those things (cast lists, cover art, etc.).  I also suspect, though I don't know for sure, that the instant watch movies you sometimes see and can select to buy and watch, and which are normally downloaded through their own dish, are also downloaded through the internet.  Those things can add up very quickly, and people have seen their remaining HughesNet data wiped out by DirecTV receivers.   

Though I don't really watch anything On Demand, I've tested getting around having to use the DirecTV receiver for such by streaming directly from DirecTV on my laptop, then connecting my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable.  This way I control the data usage and data is ONLY being used for the stream I am watching via DirecTV's site rather than the DirecTV receiver burning through a bunch of it for all of the things mentioned above.  Plus, I can still watch it on my TV.  I can also do the same with the movie channels I have, like HBO and Cinemax, with HBO Go and Max Go, and I can watch those channels' libraries, as well.    

Liz

Good morning Emiliomejias, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.