cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow internet speeds

Highlighted
New Poster

Very Slow internet speeds

my internet speeds are slow and my data is dissapering, I was told I could make wify calling,could stream videos, well I cant do eather, calls have such a bad lag it imposable to talk, and the salesman said I could watch videos, but all I see is that circle trying to load, and I am only there a few days a mounth and I use all my data just looking at a few sites like craigslist- no videos- I sure regret signing a contract for something that I was told I could do

5 REPLIES 5
Professor

Re: Very Slow internet speeds

Wifi calling over satellite doesn't work well because of the latency (lag), though some people can still use it fine (may depend on location or other things). 

The community and the Hughesnet reps can help you with speed issues. To see how to begin the process, read and follow the instructions here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

The community and HN reps can also help with data issues. Read this article to see how to go about it: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Where-s-my-bytes-Testing-for-data-leaks/m-p/77194#M5...

How much data do you buy per month?

Have you run out of your monthly data? Are you currently in FAP? This will throttle your speeds and will make everything very slow. 

How long has it been since your sales call?

Distinguished Professor IV

@willitbe456 

You may want to start a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section to request a sales call review.  If it hasn't been more than a few months since your sales call, the reps may be able to have it pulled and reviewed, and if it's determined that appropriate expectations regarding the WiFi calling were not set, you may have recourse.  

Though, like maratsade said, some people may be able to get WiFi calling to work, or at least to an extent, HughesNet officially does not support it.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding your speed and data issue, they may be related, in that you may have a data drain somewhere in your network that is also affecting your overall speed.  What devices do you have connected to HughesNet?  Just in case, you can see what is currently connected, and what was connected, but is no longer, since the the modem has been powered, on this System Control Center page.  Again, this is only since the modem has been powered, as unplugging it wipes the prior logs and its device record starts over when it is again plugged in.

There are different apps/programs for different types of devices and their operating systems that can monitor the amount of data the device is using, and just what app/program/process is using the data on the given device.  So, it's important for us to know what you have connected to your HughesNet in order to be able to determine just where your data is going.  If you can let us know, we'd be happy to help with that.  Smiley Happy     

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi willitbe456,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us. I've located your account and will request a sales call review. As soon as the results are in I will let you know what we learned, and any next steps.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hello willitbe456,

Please be on the lookout for a private message from me regarding your case. A notification icon should appear on the right hand corner of the page when logged in. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Hello willitbe456,

It's been a while since we heard from you. I sent you a private message last week with more information, so if you would like to accept or decline please let me know in a reply to the message. This thread will be closed for inactivity.

Thank you,

Amanda