Very Slow internet speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeW
Freshman

Very Slow internet speeds

I had the gen 5 install done about 2 weeks ago, had marginal speeds depending upon time of day at the beginning that have totally fell off the edge of anything considered usable or acceptable.  I chatted this problem in to support Jan 2 at 0659 pacific time and was told that there was system maintenence being done that was causing the problem. ( Case ID: 108534770).  Yesterday, I received notification that the maintenance was complete.  I rebooted the router yesterday and it hasn't helped.  See test results.  All tests were done with only 1 system directly connected to the router, using the 25Mb manual size test.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Mwren

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MikeW

I'm glad that you ran the tests and that you ran them properly.  You're already one step ahead.  🙂

I'll tag the reps so that they will be sure to see this and reply.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Trying to be patient...I need some help...Speeds still pitiful!

Chat support says that I'm not authorized to enter the chat...

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MikeW wrote:

Trying to be patient...I need some help...Speeds still pitiful!

MikeW, 

The reps here are on M-F from 8AM to 5PM EST and it can often take them up to 48 hours (during the week) to reply to a post.  

They will definiitely reply to you, but it won't be until at least Monday.  

As for chat, I'm not at all familiar with it, so I can't help with that type of an issue. 😞  

Hi Mike,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Mike,

I was going to dispatch a tech to your site to address your concerns, but I see our agents have already done so. In your account notes, I see you have already confirmed the appointment via text. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I just wanted to let all of you know that the situation is improving and another adjustment (signal routing) was made this morning that I will test when I get home from work today. 

The main thing is that I appreciate how Hughesnet has continually communicated with me... litterally pursuing me for feedback..., as they attempt to fix this issue and they are almost there.  

Thanks for your continued efforts excellent Customer Support!