cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow internet speeds

Highlighted
New Poster

Very Slow internet speeds

I understand "speeds may vary". Very experienced at connecting to internet since dialup days. Lots of experience with mant different providers. Several different ones just in the last year or so. I get used up data, slower speeds at times, ect.   The part that I just cant get is, When at times I should be cruising along on the internet, even if a speed test says I'm cruising along at 25+ speeds. Everything is still dragging along. In the last year each internet provider that I've had or used was all at max speed of 25 mbps. Every single one had fast enough internet 90% of the time running smoothly. All allowed me to download and watch a movie, all allowed me to see my security camera running a live feed.  All were very acceptable to me meeting my needs. All except Hughesnet. Never has is allowed a movie download to watch live or even take less than hours to record it. Rarely does it allow me to watch lve security camera, if it does it's to jit jit jittery to watch.  Understand satellite has along way to go back and forth but....  Confusing to me it all internet providers "sell" there service based on the same download ratings system????  I have sent back feedback on this problem through a customer service survey sent to me giving very unsatisfactory feedback on the service provided. Got one call with concern but no answers but that it will be checked into. Never heard from anyone again though.  Also is Hughesnet giving any relief credits to hurricane victims. Yeah it went right over my home and we had no power in home for 12 1/2 days. Bummer to pay for the worst internet service I've ever had when couldn't even use it. Sorry it is easily the worst internet connection that I have had since the modem made all those funny noises went you connected. Thanks for any help. Ron   Heck Im having trouble getting this to post??? Always an issue with smooth transitions from webpage to webpage. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Very Slow internet speeds

"Every single one had fast enough internet 90% of the time running smoothly. All allowed me to download and watch a movie, all allowed me to see my security camera running a live feed.  All were very acceptable to me meeting my needs. All except Hughesnet."

And all of these other providers, were they also satellite Internet?

Highlighted
New Poster

No. None were. Understand there will be a difference for sure.  Don't understand why speeds are rated the same as others than.  Commercials say same as other internet providers say concerning speeds. Question still is, Why is Hughesnet advertised as the same fast speeds.  That ok because its satellite?  My modem/receiver bad?  Why doesn't my internet ever run as fast as advertised. Yes I understand, "up to speeds". Thanks. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

I haven't seen the Hughes commercials, but their website does not say they're the same as others.   Because they advertise their speeds as "up to," you are getting what they advertise. You also have the option of breaking the contract for a fee and going to another provider. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I haven't had this slow of internet since dial up..very disappointed.
Highlighted
New Poster

I know the feeling I get a lot of 1.03 to 1.53 out of 25 can't watch movies without getting the dredded circle of doom! starting to get mad as **bleep** with the horrible internet speeds this is not what I'm paying 90 a month for!