cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow service

Very Slow service

We have had HughesNet for a few months now and the service is just so so slow. We have several smart tvs and smart phones and we are just getting very slow service. It is frustrating because there are two people in our household that are in school and can not get assignments completed because of the slow service. Is there anything we can do to speed it up?
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Very Slow service

Go to http://my.hughesnet.com/  select "tools" and run several speed tests.  Take a screen shot of the results and post it here.

think  Linda has too many programs running in the background all at once  , your right on the test speeds there, Richie,     Will watch and learn  !!!

Linda what Chris said, another Member Posted this Tip and it worked for me, Gwalk if you care to look at his feedback, I'm not a Tech just sharing what worked for me.

Go to search or command prompt, and type in msconfig  then go to the startup tab and disable all but your virus protection, then restart.  It should be some what faster on startup with the background programs "parked" and waiting to be used instead of idling

Good subject , there Ron !!!

It sure worked on Mine, the Temp file removal got rid of my other issue, One of the iexplore processes that was running in the background but not showing up in my Task Manager seems to have been Google Photo backup, it kept trying to Back up photos that didn't exist?

item you would never know unless you try to find out why so much useage and data loss Plus more speed = faster computer

Have to know what is checked and is there and option of delay start up  after computer is operating ?   i do not know what folder you are in !!!!

or cookies that are involved  !

and No you can not eat the cookies !!!   LOL !!!