cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed with Hughes.net Gen 4.

Very disappointed with Hughes.net Gen 4.

Disappointed w/ Hughes.net Gen 4. We pay $141.25/mo for best pkg-15mb/sec since Feb & haven't connected at that speed yet. We're lucky to get 5mb/sec which is $49.99+tax/mo. Hubby uses VPN for work & gets kicked off all the time. End up going w/ Verizon Home Fusion data plan. Better but expensive for data.Tried to cancel service w/ Hughes.net 05/04/15 but they don't have record of it so still charging Credit Card which you can't delete off of your account on-line. Now they are making us pay $256.50 to get out of contract though they never upheld their end nor cancelled when requested. I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone.
2 REPLIES 2
Associate Professor

Re: Very disappointed with Hughes.net Gen 4.

Jer58, VPN doesn't work well with any high latency connection, and it is one of the many questions that Hughes says that it isn't recommended to use VPN with satellite.  
Alum

Re: Very disappointed with Hughes.net Gen 4.

Hi jer58,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time with your service. I was able to pull up your account and see that you went ahead and cancelled your account. We apologize if we were unable to reach your expectations with our service. I hope everything goes well with your next ISP. If you have any more questions or concerns regarding your cancellation let us know and we will gladly help.

Thank you,
Chris