cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very dissatisfied with my service, realized I had been had just 5 days into my second month.

Very dissatisfied with my service, realized I had been had just 5 days into my second month.

Please read the reviews posted on this website regarding customers experience during their first month compared with their second. Hughesnet is knowingly dishonest to their customers by giving them (me) a unlimited amount of data their first 30 days. I was skeptical about the service and thought, well since they give me a free "try out" period, what have I got to loose. Well, I did loose, and I consider it cheating on Hughesnet part. And, to add to that, I'm very dissatisfied with the speed of the service versus what I'm paying. My At&t cell phone hotspot is faster than my hughesnet. The advertised speeds don't account for the time it takes the modem to connect to a server, if this were taken into account, the speeds would be lower. Bottom line is that I'm not getting what I am paying for and so please don't make the same mistake I did. There are other satellite providers that I'm told have a much better service.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Very dissatisfied with my service, realized I had been had just 5 days into my second month.

Glad to be the first to reply to this post!  I do not know where you are in the states but I am on the East Coast.  I have a hurricane coming up the coast this week and weekend.  Why do I tell you that because I have internet.  Hum!  How?   With a hurricane I still have internet!  At moments when clouds are thick my internet because it comes from the sky might be a little slower at MOMENTS but I realize HUGHES NET IS NOT IN CONTROL OF THE WEATHER.  You are wanting  instant gravitation, I feel the price is good and I have NO problems with this service.  I have had the jet packs and DSL and modems and Hughes net is the best.  I live in the country and we don't get the choices you might get, and I have lived in the city, and  I got kicked off internet with of those.  When weather is bad.  Understand the service is good and they are not in control of the weather, space other satellites, they are doing a great job.  I learnt to work with what I have and I am not having problems working with them.  You signed a contract as I did, try to get out of it.  Learn to work around the issues and keep getting up!  I would love to know how old you are!  I am 60 and I run a business and my internet is working out just fine.  Maybe you need to move to the east coast of NC so you can do what ever it is your doing, without interruption.    

Re: Very dissatisfied with my service, realized I had been had just 5 days into my second month.

Yes. They are dishonest. The service is ok for satellite but compared to all others it sucks. I am canceling this week, about 20 days in. In addition a two year contract is absurd. I will go back to my Hotspot which does not cost much more and is faster andand more reliable.

What does his age have to do with it? The frequent DNS time outs, long lag times and low through put are facts and not age related nor location dependent. As to running a business from the Internet that is an empty statement. Answering emails is not the same as setting up VPNs and remote access (which fail frequently over satellite because of the lag tine).

Hi kjones4077,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry your expectations aren't being met, we can help address your concerns. Regarding the 20 days of relaxed data for new customers coupled with the 30 day trial, I understand how this seems underhanded. The relaxed data period is for new customers to get settled with their new internet service and allow for their devices, which may have not been connected in a while, to update without sending the customer into the Fair Access Policy immediately. 

We have no issue with extending your trial for an additional 30 days, and will grant an extension if requested. We are aware that the 20 day relaxed data period isn't always well explained to all new customers, and it's something we are already in the process of trying to improve. 

Regarding your speed concerns, we can certainly help address those. So I pulled up your account and ran remote diagnostics on your site to check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite. On that end, everything looks to be in proper working order. 

To help us address your speed concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi kjones4077,

It's been two weeks since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->