Very slow Speeds Between 8pm and 12am

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob5
Sophomore

Very slow Speeds Between 8pm and 12am

These speeds have been rediculous for the past couple of weeks. Whats up? I have Gen 4 and It has always  been faster than advertised. I have the 50/50 pack. For the past 2 weeks in the evenings I cant even get 3mbs download. Speeds are very fast during the day.  Can you please help.

11 REPLIES 11
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

To help the Hughesnet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, you should create a testmy.net account and perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day. Then share the account results link with us here.

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the 12MB size download test file ONLY

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

Almost forgot ESN: 11018900 10.jpg

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bob5

As stated in the instructions, please create an account at testmy.net and run the tests while singed into that account.  Your test results need to be able to be looked at together, not test by test, and performing the tests while signed into an account you create at testmy.net will allow that.  You can then post your Results page URL to allow the tests to be looked at.

Please also use the manual test size requested, which is 12MB for download tests and 4MB for upload tests, though you really only need to run the download tests.  

The12mb test changes as soon as testing starts. I refuse to open a **bleep** account with anybody else. They can keep their trash mailers. I have clearly shown that my speed is not where it should be. I have even used Huhes own speed test. Obviously there is prime time issues and Hughes needs to get on it and get it fixed !

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bob5

First, the 12MB size it set to forward to something larger if the tests finishes in less than seven seconds, so that is normal.  

Secondly, watch the language.  Please obey the rules of the site.  

Thirdly, if you'd rather not do what is asked of you, that's your choice.  Testmy.net does not mail anyone anything.  

Refusing to do what is asked then resorting to swearing on the site probably isn't something someone should do when they are asking for help, but again, that's your choice.  Speed issues, just like any issue, can be caused by different things, and assuming yours is the result of one thing without taking the steps to verify it is not the way to go.  

Good luck to you.   

Ran 3 more tests from Hughes. Speed is Great. I will run 3 more tonight.55.jpg

As Predicted another night of slow internet . Are we seeing a pattern yet? LOL88.png

For some reasons the times are not correct on speed test this evening. Tests were taken at 9pm eastern not 6.

You can op-out of mailers.

Wayne