Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow and erratic internet speeds

Freshman

Re: Very slow and erratic internet speeds

Liz,

Still waiting.............

I'm beginning to wonder if there is no solution to my problem and that Hughesnet is simply a ripoff. This site is full of people who are in the same boat with ultra slow evening download speeds that won't allow streaming. I've had this service for over 3 months now and it has never worked. The service department is either utterly overwhelmed or there is nothing to be done. You say that my system checks out OK. How can it be OK when it does not work? Haven't you people been sued for fraud? I don't understand how you can get away with this kind of service. This is ridiculous!

Good morning m94src,

Is the HughesNet modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector? To test, can you please have the modem plugged into a wall outlet for a few days? I need to check your state code history afterwards, so please don't reboot your modem during that test period.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

The modem is and has been plugged into a wall outlet.

Hi m94src,

Thank you for the confirmation. I've escalated your case to engineering for their assistance. I'll post back once I have any further news or instructions.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Same situation here; although Liz the mod never replies to me or sends me mysterious private messages?!

What is going on HughesNet?

This is one of the worst companies I have dealt with. 

Freshman

Liz,

I'm still waiting. If anything things have gotten worse. Most of the time my service is so slow that I can't even run a speed test. Hughesnet is still billing me every month for my non-existing service. It's been 3 months and I'm about to give up.

Senior

AGREE!!!!!Here in the TX Panhandle -- SAME EXACT PROBLEM - and am told 3-5 days for engineer to call, this is HOGWASH!

Good morning m94src,

According to engineering, we're waiting on some code to be rolled out that may address a state code I was concerned about in your state code history. Engineering has not provided an ETA on this code rollout. Once I do have any updates on that, we'll let you know.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz