cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow download and upload speeds.

Very slow download and upload speeds.

Speeds are very slow.  When I try to download a 1.5 gig file it starts out fast (3.2mbps) but then after  a couple of minutes it slows way down. (less than 1mbps)  I've called into customer support two times now and have done everything they have asked me to do but, the speeds don't change.  Also when I try watching a movie on netfix, it buffers 5 to 8 times during the movie. That's very annoying. I came back to hughesNet because of the faster Gen4 system but so far am not pleased. The only reason I had left hughesnet before was because hughes didn't offer the higher data  and the faster speeds. (before Gen4) When I had hughesnet before, the speeds were at least steady and dependable.  I can't say that now.  Now I am locked into a 2 year contract with very slow undependable speeds.  Maybe trying a dish re-alignment  is the next step. I don't know.  All I know is that I feel I'm not getting my moneys worth.  I've looked into the system control center and my signal bounces around any where from 80 to 109 signal strength.  Right now under the system summary it shows the following:  State Code:  20.2.1 - A management problem has occurred.  Don't know what that means.  Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
1 REPLY 1

Re: Very slow download and upload speeds.

Good morning biron,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Regarding your concern with slow speeds, we've run remote diagnostics on your site to determine if there was anything wrong with the HughesNet equipment and their connection to the satellite, and everything checks out OK. So that we may get a better idea of what you're experiencing, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->