cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet recently

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Very slow internet recently

I've been having the same issues with it being so slow, sometimes lose connection , when I first got it ,it ran a lot faster and now it's extremely slow. Its aggravating. 
Highlighted

Hello Erick

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. With the account number you provided I was able to locate your account and take a peek at what is going on and what could be causing your slow speeds. I do see that you have our HT1000 modem, which is the model we launched with the Gen4 service. Since then, we have rolled out a newer one and would like to refresh the technology you have at home for free. Doing so has been known to drastically improve speeds! We'll be shipping you a new HT1100, free of charge. Installing the new modem is easy (plug in the coaxial, LAN and power cord) and the box comes with a prepaid label so you can send us the old one back. Please do let us know if this improves your situation!

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted

Erick

Just as a side note. Be sure to allow 20-30 minutes for the modem to register. I changed from the HT1000 to the HT1100 and my speeds are great. My HT1100 did not register and they had to send a tech out, but I think they fixed that problem as I got one of the first modems they sent out.

If after 30 mins it doesn't register you can put the HT1000 back in and let Amanda know and she will offer any other suggestions or send out a tech.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I got mine long before you and didn't have a problem, so there!  Smiley Tongue

But yes, be certain to give it time to register, will look dead for awhile, no lights ecept power.

Highlighted

Mama always loved you more

Nobody like me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms!
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Highlighted

Is the new modem already shipping or do i need to contact someone
Highlighted

Erick

The new modem is available for the asking. Post the serial number from your modem here and on Monday the Official reps will arrange to ship one to you. I would recommend that you start your own post so they find it easier rather than attaching it to this one. They will send you a return label so you can ship the old modem back.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

They are already shipping one as Amanda said above. They have his info. This is Erick's thread already. Rough night Mordacious? Smiley Happy

Erick they get them out pretty quickly, should see it by the middle of the week.
Highlighted

Hi Erick

Looks like its scheduled to be delivered today! 

Amanda