Hughesnet Community

Very slow internet speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hammond

Very slow internet speeds

I have had nothing but issues with Hughes net, they advertise that even when you use your allotted data speeds are between 1-3Mbps. My speeds are so slow I can't even browse the web or anything; currently using my data on my phone in order to even post this! After doing their tests like they've requested my speeds are 0.06Mbps. I wouldn't suggest Hughes net to anybody with speeds like that. I guess it's okay to advertise something and not follow through because I've been contacting customer service for months now with nothing resolved!
5 REPLIES 5
S_T_Y
New Poster

Hi Hammond, Welcome to Hughes! Just so you know, your observations are correct. I've been with Hughes for a couple of years and though I tried, nothing has improved and wish I could change providers (but live in a rural area where this is my only option). I too use my hotspot to get a normal speed, thankfully I have a different cell provider. I even paid for Hughes support for a year, only to realize their support is outsourced and has nothing to do with the network itself but PC support. Even considered DSL just to compare. Hughes, being a large provider of telecommunications for government contracts probably doesn't care about it's indvidual customers. They can help send a man to the moon but can't communicate here on earth. I'm truly sorry your having the same frustrations, especially after signing the contract. Just wanted you to know you are not alone and to help you set realistic expectations. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"probably doesn't care about it's indvidual customers"

What makes you say this? 

GabeU

@S_T_Y wrote:

Hughes, being a large provider of telecommunications for government contracts probably doesn't care about it's indvidual customers. They can help send a man to the moon but can't communicate here on earth.  

Echostar's current primary focus is consumer internet, not government contracts.  As well, they do care about individual customers.  

Neither HughesNet, nor its parent company, Echostar, nor any prior version of the either, had anything whatsoever to do with sending a man to the moon.

maratsade

Hammond, you can get help from the community to see what's going on with your speeds.  Many things can cause slower speeds: congestion, being under FAP, and others. 

In order to have speeds evaluated and addressed on this community, you will need to follow this procedure (if you haven't already), and post the link to the results page here on this site. 

The HN staff on this site are very helpful and they work diligently to fix issues.  

Hammond wrote:
I have had nothing but issues with Hughes net, they advertise that even when you use your allotted data speeds are between 1-3Mbps. My speeds are so slow I can't even browse the web or anything; currently using my data on my phone in order to even post this! After doing their tests like they've requested my speeds are 0.06Mbps. I wouldn't suggest Hughes net to anybody with speeds like that. I guess it's okay to advertise something and not follow through because I've been contacting customer service for months now with nothing resolved!

Liz

Hello Hammond,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!