cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow speeds and data disappearing.

Very slow speeds and data disappearing.

I have called a few times in effort to get a technician out to no avail.  My speeds have been quite slow for the last couple of months.  I cannot seem to get any real solutions.  i have replaced my router and have the same results.  I also have a problem with disappearing data.  I have no computers on when i left the house this AM and came back to find my service in FAP.  I have the old 7000S system, is this why I cannot get a service call?  I pay monthly for the insurance.  Please help. 
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Very slow speeds and data disappearing.

Hi Jennifer, 

Welcome to the HughesNet community! We are here to help you and address your concerns. Please provide a recent case number or your HughesNet modem's serial number (located in the back) so we can pull up your account.

To help us address your concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.
Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Well, I came in this evening to run the test and I am in FAP again.  I have been gone all day with the computers off.  In fact the modem and router were unplugged last night.  So how am I in FAP with no one here to use the computers and the computers not on to do updates?

Well, I came in this evening to run the test and I am in FAP again.  I have been gone all day with the computers off.  In fact the modem and router were unplugged last night.  So how am I in FAP with no one here to use the computers and the computers not on to do updates?
Highlighted

Losing data regardless if we consume it or if our computers are powered off has been an issue for us for many months as well. When I called to inquire about it I was given the run around by a representative who obviously didn't know what she was doing. She just had me pull up my account online to take a look at my daily usage. That's it! How is that supposed to help my situation? I'm fed up with the overly priced service especially since we keep losing data while our computers are off.

Last month we were out of state for 2 weeks. Since we live off the grid we have to turn the power off to everything except our refrigerator. When we got home our data was decreased by 45%. How is that so?

I can't wait until my contract is over. I am definitely going with another company unless things change with Hughesnet such has lifting the limit to the of bandwidth allowance, put a stop to loss data when the service is not being used, and make the pricing more reasonable. 

However, I'd like to point out the other than speaking to the customer representative in regards to this matter, any other time I have had to call for a problem (mainly billing), I have been treated with utmost respect and have been very satisfied with the manner I was treated in.

Hi Jennifer,

I'd like to send you tokens so you can run the speed tests, but I need to pull up your account. Please provide a recent case number or your HughesNet modem's serial number (located in the back/bottom) so we can do so.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,

I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

-Liz

Please reference the new conversation here: Losing data regardless if we consume it or if our computers are powered off

Why waste the time and energy in creating a new thread when the concerns are related and posted right here, in the same thread? That makes no sense to me. Instead of wasting the time and energy of creating a new thread, fix the issues!

Hi Liz,

My apologies if you didn't receive the e-mail notifying you of your thread; it's located here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/losing-data-regardless-if-we-consume-it-or-if-our...

We would love to look into fixing anything as long as we first determine something isn't functioning properly. In your thread, I've provided instructions on determining whether the HughesNet modem is generating data usage when isolated. If it shows that the modem is using significant amounts of data when it's not connected to any device, then that's definitely something we would want to have our engineers address.

Thanks,
Liz

OK, will do that tonight.