cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very very poor data speeds since July when I joined. The seller rep lied to me.

New Poster

Re: Very very poor data speeds since July when I joined. The seller rep lied to me.

OK - Here are two images to show all of the test I ran on FEB10 at 4 different times 7:00am, 12:00pm, 4:00pm, and 8:00pm.

I absolutely was logged in for each of these tests.

Seems info I see on other boards lead me to think that my situation is being experienced by numerous folks and that it may be due to the new satelite launch project. If my condition IS a temporary situation that will be rectified after April 1st then I could back off on testing until the new launch. THAT I can understand.

Seems though even when my download speed is in the 20's even short videos stop and start (NFL, Youtube, Facebook).

http://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&l=50&q=jthill3

Let me know your thoughts.
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Very very poor data speeds since July when I joined. The seller rep lied to me.

Yep, there's a lot of em.  

Actually, it appears that there may have been a problem with the system before because I'm seeing a lot of tests from the 8th that weren't showing up the other day when we were talking on here.  You've got a slew from the 8th, seven from the 9th, and another slew from the 10th.  So those ones that weren't showing up from the 8th before, where you were sure you did them while signed in, are showing up now.  This is the first time I've seen that happen.  They should have shown there the other day.  Odd.  Evidently testmy.net was having some type of reporting glitch.  At least it's showing them now.   

It looks like your speeds kicked up a bit during the evening on the 10th.  I wonder if they did something to the system to help with your speeds.  Granted, they still aren't as good as what you are getting during the middle of the day, but they were definitely better than the were the previous evenings.    

Being that you've got quite a lot of them now, and they are from five days in a row, I wouldn't bother running any more tests unless they tell you to, but you won't hear anything from them until at least Monday due to them being off during the weekend.

Good luck.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Cool - sounds like you and I have taken things as far as we can - so - how will Hughesnet know to reach out to me with all the data I have collected?Do they monitor our thread? Do I need to open another ticket? Do I need to call somebody? - thanks
Distinguished Professor IV

They monitor the threads.  If they don't respond to you within a few days (starting Monday), though, I would probably start another thread, just in case this thread sort of fell off the radar due to it having been a while since initially creating it and there having been a couple of weeks without any activity before starting the process to address speed issues.  But, hopefully they will see it and respond.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PART 2 - Case ID is 102292232.

I have had slow data speeds and even when speed tests show a download speed of 20Mbps or more even short videos stop and start. 

There is lots more info available on the original thread titled "Very very poor data speeds since July when I joined. The seller rep lied to me".

It was suggested I open s new thread now that there is a load of test results at http://testmy.net/compID/618555702648.

This was said to have been escalated to Executive Customer Care but no update or progress has been shared with me.

Hi jthill3,

Allow me a day or two to find out what work our engineers might be doing on your beam. If I already have info for your beam, I'll let you know by the end of the day. I appreciate you doing all the needed speed tests as this is helpful in case I need to send your case to engineering.

Thank you,
Amanda
New Poster

Thanks Amanda - I wanted to also mention that my wife tried to do some work from home last Sat at 6:30am (a non-peak time of day) and it took her 2.5 hours to do 1 hour's work. So in my mind the speed tests don't tell the whole story,

Also I have been soundly educated on the Community Board about streaming so I am now only concerned about  getting the level of service up to the point that my wife could work from home a few days a week.

I was made nearly the same promises in my call and have not even been able to watch a netflix movie in low def onceSmiley Sad That was the big selling point in my call that my rep promised me.  The truth goes a long way in sales and in the end that is what it comes down to...
Assistant Professor

bstohrer, you really should be able to stream Netflix in low definition unless you have gone over allowance or have some other problem going on. It can take a bit for the video to start.

You set definition to low in your account as explained here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87 ?

If wanting more direct help it would be good to start a new post (topic) of your own.
New Poster

Hey Amanda - I think we should call the dogs off and stop working on my speed problems at the house and, since there is no other ISP in my area other that Hughesnet, I would like to get upgrading on April 1 with the new modem and get on the new satelitte. I have heard really good things about this new service so instead of the back and forth trying to figure out what is wrong with my existing service, I would prefer this upgrade path.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Tommy