HughesNet Community

Very very slow speeds and internet was down around four times over the past 24 hours?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diananolast
New Poster

Very very slow speeds and internet was down around four times over the past 24 hours?

• The first time the internet went down it lasted for almost 2 hours, the second time it went down was a few hours after that and it lasted for about 15 minutes or so... and then it did it again for almost an hour... and then It did it again for a couple of minutes??
  •  

Also my internet is extremely slow, many times if my husband is reading an email and I'm trying to watch a YouTube video the YouTube video won't even load and I have tried changing the channels through the service page given, I have turned off the modem for up to 5 minutes and reset the TV as well but nothing seems to be working? I'm paying a lot of money for something that hardly works?

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

There was an outage in some areas yesterday -- that may have been what was causing your internet to be out. 

Have you run speed tests? They're required to have speed issues addressed in this community. To read about how to do the tests, see this post: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

Oh thank you so much for taking the time out to leave this comment. I will check that out ASAP, thank you again.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hopefully the reps here will do a remote check of your system and tell you if there's a problem there or if there is/was an outage. 

@Diananolast wrote:

Oh thank you so much for taking the time out to leave this comment. I will check that out ASAP, thank you again.

Good morning Diananolast,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I ran diagnostics last week and just now and they show the HughesNet system as operational. Last Wednesday there were brief outages in your area which have been addressed since then. Speed tests from the modem to our satellite also show 25+ Mbps in download speeds.

However, your network shows that a few of the connected devices have poor signal, and that can certainly contribute to a poor experience. Devices named alli, Diana-s-Galaxy-Tab-A, amazon-69033f453, LAPTOP-CLINT01, Samsung, and Z3351S have shown poor or fair signals in the last 2 weeks. Currently, LAPTOP-CLINT01 and alli devices on the 2.5 GHz network have a poor signal so try moving them closer to the modem to improve signal strength. Do this for the Samsung device as well which is currently on the 5 GHz network, but if performance doesn't improve, try switching it to the 2.5 GHz network.

Please let me know how it goes.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Diananolast,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!