cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Data Saver Button DISAPPEARED

Assistant Professor

Re: Video Data Saver Button DISAPPEARED

Yeah, it can't get the value from the user's profile.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Professor

Does this mean the VDS isn't working, or that it's still firmly in place but we can't access it? 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Yeah, it can't get the value from the user's profile.

Assistant Professor

I think we just can't access it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Good morning LandonW1989,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Since yesterday evening, we've received reports of intermitted issues with the Video Data Saver, so our engineers are already working to resolve this.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor III

@maratsade 

From what I'm seeing when I run a test at fast.com, it's still working.  It's not giving me a result any higher than 1.7Mbps.  This is only suggestive, of course.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I also do not have the VDS option on my account anymore. It simply doesn't Show up under Settings anymore - on mobile or desktop HughesNet apps.
When will this be fixed??

Good morning,

I appreciate your patience while our engineers continue to work to resolve this. Investigation is still ongoing with no ETA on resolution so far. Once we have any updates to share, I'll post back here.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor III

The VDS control is back for me, though it's taking quite some time for it to respond to being turned off or pause, and back on.  

I tried to see if it was doing its job, but my service is unusually slow tonight, so I coulidn't see any difference (VDS on or off) with fast.com, which normally triggers the VDS to kick in.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@GabeU wrote:

The VDS control is back for me, though it's taking quite some time for it to respond to being turned off or pause, and back on.  

Mine came back also, but not in the state I left it in though.  It came back turned on, I never  turn it on.

Professor

My VDS button is back. Didn't test it, though. 

@GabeU wrote:

I tried to see if it was doing its job, but my service is unusually slow tonight, so I coulidn't see any difference (VDS on or off) with fast.com, which normally triggers the VDS to kick in.