cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Data Saver missing...

Liz

Re: Video Data Saver missing...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for speaking up, I want to send over your info to our engineers working on this. Please tell me when you first noticed the VDS setting missing. Is it still missing now?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Mine's playing hide and seek again tonight.  Smiley Tongue

It'll show back up soon, no doubt.

Edit:  Sure enough, it's back.  

I went to the Settings page on the My Account site (I had to manually type the address as the Settings tab wasn't there), and there was no VDS control.  I had to do something away from the computer for a little over an hour and I forgot to close the page before stepping away.  When I returned to the computer I refreshed the page and the control was there.  The Settings tab still isn't there, but I'm sure if I closed and re-opened my browser it would be.  I closed and re-started the Usage Meter and Video Settings is now there.  Smiley Happy 

Edit 2:  Sure enough, the Settings tab was there after closing, then re-opening the browser.

I think that, from now on, I'm going to wait for an hour or so after I first notice the VDS control not being there and subsequently power cycling the modem, as a few times now I've seen it pop back up a short time afterward.  With that said, though, I don't know for sure that power cycling the modem has anything to do with bringing it back.  It could just be a coincidence.  Again, though, from now on I'll wait for that time just to give it a chance. Smiley Happy  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Thanks for the update Gabe, keep us updated please. Our engineers are still working on this, so I keep them updated with any ongoing complaints about the missing VDS.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Gabe, 

An engineer would like more details regarding the timing of the latest disappearance and re-appearance. He said it wouljd be a big help.

GabeU

@Liz 

Sure.  I first noticed that it was missing shortly after I turned my computer on at about 1:30AM.  Shortly thereafter I restarted my modem, but to no avail.  This was with checking the Usage Meter and seeing that there was no Settings tab on the My Account site.  I then went to the Settings page on the My Account site at 1:43AM, according to the Chrome history, by manually changing the last part of the My Account site Usage page URL to "Settings", and though the page opened just fine the control wasn't there.  It said something like I'm not authorized at this time to have the control.  I really wish I would have gotten a screenshot.  I'll remember to if it happens again.  After doing other things, including being away from my computer for a few minutes at a time, I refreshed the Settings page at 2:59AM, according to the Chrome history, which had been open since I first went there, and the control was there.  

These times are in EST. 

--  Computer Logon around 1:30AM.  Modem plug in was probably about five or ten minutes before that.  

--  Checked Usage Meter around 1:35AM or so.  No VDS, and no Settings tab on the My Account page.

--  Manually got to Settings page at 1:43AM.  No control there, though the page loaded just fine.

--  Refreshed still open Settings page at 2:59AM, and control was then there.  

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

This is great, thanks Gabe! Sending this right over. Smiley Happy

GabeU

You're quite welcome.  I'm happy to help.  Smiley Happy  

Liz

Hi Gabe,

Do you recall the very first time VDS disappeared for you? I see this thread started Nov 19, but Hardy said this was happening *again* for you. The engineers are trying to pinpoint something.

stevef
Junior

So far, I never seen that video data saving thing. 4 days passed, but the Settings didn't show up, so far. :-( 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Give them time to work on the issue -- they will fix it, but it may take longer than 4 days. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

stevef wrote:

So far, I never seen that video data saving thing. 4 days passed, but the Settings didn't show up, so far. :-(