cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Streaming

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Video Streaming

Man, that was a rough peak time, getting over it now. Still, my main point is I was able to stream Netflix at low definition even when speed was 1 Mbps.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Did you click on the link I posted above?

http://testmy.net/download
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

If you create an account then you'll have a history HughesNet reps can look at like here: http://testmy.net/quickstats/sgoshe
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Back to what has been the norm lately. Boy, 1 to 1.5 Mbps is harsh. Maybe a problem with network or even Gateway, didn't check that. Again, I could still stream Netflix. Thanks HughesNet! Good night all.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

It's pure luck...  People on J1 can usually get upto 20Mbps IF there is zero congestion...  I think Hughes may have raised that upwards of 30Mbps here recently though, see a lot of people during very early mornings with some really high rate speeds.
Highlighted

Hi 

I wonder if this is related to the fact that our main NOC in Germantown was under severe weather yesterday? We've been having some really intense thunderstorms this week. Glad I got new wipers.

Amanda
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

She has an account.  You can see in the snapshots.  She's a smart cookie.  LOL. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

She has an account.  You can see in the snapshots.  She's a smart cookie.  LOL. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Lisa,

It depends on the definition you stream in, which is adjustable at Netflix.  HD is about 3GB per hour, SD is 700MB per hour and LD is 300MB per hour, so you definitely wouldn't want to stream a typical film in HD.  LOL. 

Here's the link...

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87 

Highlighted

Lisa,

All of the things you've done will help.  Even when some of those things will just save a little data, when you do a lot of them, it adds up. 

I wish everyone was as proactive as you. 

You are also ahead of the game in not using a router when you don't have to. 

If you do exceed your data allowance, about the only thing you would really be able to do is buy tokens.  You can always buy in advance and keep them for a rainy day, so to speak.

I can't help you with Edge.  Sorry.  I'm sure there is someone who can. 

Again, I wish everyone were as proactive as you.  In the seven or so months I've been coming onto these boards regularly I don't know that I've seen someone as diligent in trying to do everything they can to save data.  It's very commendable.