Please help me troubleshoot this problem. I go to a certain workout site and all the videos there work except the ones they are loading the last couple weeks. They are assuring me that nothing has changed on their end. I know it has to do with my internet since I can play them on another wifi option. I have no other choice here since there is no cell service, etc. hence why I have hughesnet.
The video will start to play and then will freeze at about the 1:02 mark. The sound will sometimes continue. Sometimes, the buffering circle will be going, but a lot of times it just disappears. Sometimes I get the error message: 233404. I have done all the clearing of cache, etc. and also tried another browser. Since it is just these specific videos of the last couple of weeks and the other workout videos on the site work fine, and I've been able to play these particular videos on my phone on another wifi, I know it has to do with the internet signal here and how it interacts with their video, but I have no idea how to go about getting a solution and it is driving me nuts and starting to make it impossible to use my subscription to this workout program which is so frustrating.
I know that's a lot of information, but looking for someone that could help me figure things out. I sent an email to support, but have not heard a thing and it's been over a week.
I would be more than happy to perform that test, but of course it has always been connected, so it didn't change. How exactly do I disconnect it? Sorry if that is a weird question.
Also, just a strange thing I've noticed. When I'm trying to view the workout on my phone, the notification window shows that a different video on the same page is being played. Could that indicate a signal issue? Idk
I found a few steps online!
In addition, I don't believe the video showing up on your phone incorrectly is a result of the connection.
I fid it and no difference. The "right click" direction was really throwing me since I'm dealing with a remote, but I found some instructions on that...now to reconnect it!
Are you available at any time during this week between 9AM and 2PM EST? Our engineers would like to run a live troubleshooting session to try to get to the bottom of this!
I was out of town, so I just tonight ran into the freezing issue. I then tried connecting directly and had the same issue. Earlier in the day I had tried it and it seemed like it was working. This is very frustrating. Afraid it will be working when they look at it...kind of like mechanical issues on a car!😊
Friday would be a good day if that is an option. Thanks so much for continuing to look at this. I really appreciate it.
Yes. It does.
I looked at the info of the videos and I think I notice a difference between the ones I can play and the ones that are giving me the issue.
The freezing videos have a player ID of: JrUsWJlp
The videos that work have a player ID of: zVrRfLEX
I'm not sure if that means anything. I've included a picture of these screens.
In case someone misses it, the freezing video above is a lot more hi-res (viewport: 1366 x 768) than the working one (399 x 224). That's important because the data throughput requirement can be much larger depending upon whether it's progressively transmitted or not. In this case, a single frame would be 1Mb/frame for the former vs. only 90kb/frame for the latter.
Edit: I think the player ID is just because the videos are different types. The former is one type (it's obscured, but looks like something I'm unfamiliar with) and the latter is mp4. I should add that although Vimeo is processing each into a 960 x 540 window, but it still has to receive and process (reduce) the larger frame in the former just to get there, and that could also be problematic.
The HughesNet Community is here for you
to find answers and ask fellow HughesNet
subscribers for help. This is a great
opportunity to discuss and share your
expertise to enhance your HughesNet
experience and that of fellow subscribers.
Visit the About the Community board for
information on how to get started with using