cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videogames In General Cant Play Due to High Latency on a Highspeed Connection Which makes No Sense

New Poster

Videogames In General Cant Play Due to High Latency on a Highspeed Connection Which makes No Sense

How in the **bleep** am i suppose to play any kind of videogame with this kind of latency. i mean come on paided for highspeed for that and now the latency forces me to lag ALOT and my other service that i had it would lag for a short time but always go down. i cant even play Overwatch, Counter-strike or even play my PS4 online due to this high latency. Is there anyway to reduce this because Latency is not at all suppose to be this high. AT least 100ms Nothing high espeically with high internet that PROIMSED you can play videogames and stream and i am not able to do that at all. 2 day with this service still the same results.

Average Delay 568ms, Minimum Delay 550ms and Maximum Delay 580ms (WITH THIS CONNECTION ITS SUPPOSE TO GO UNDER 100ms REGUARDLESS). I may not know computers to well but i do know how internet is suppose to be dealt with and their speeds 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

Re: Videogames In General Cant Play Due to High Latency on a Highspeed Connection Which makes No Sen

Speed, it is satellite so latency will always be about 600ms or higher. No way overcoming the distance the signal has to travel. There are games that are playable that don't require low latency but real time multiplayer games are generally not.

This explains in more detail: http://satelliteforinternet.com/gaming-with-hughesnet-gen5/