Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP - and GEN5

IntoTheWoods
Junior

Re: VoIP - and GEN5

Liz,

Thank you (and the engineers) for staying focused on this issue. As I recall, HughesNet engineers believed they had a diagnosis for the VoIP issues, they tested it in one beam starting some weeks ago, and they were supposed to roll out the fix to all beams on July 19. If the July 19 rollout occurred, then the implication is that the engineers still didn't fully have a grip on what is going on, the July 19 fix didn't work, and that they're continuing to work on it.

Because I have both VoIP issues and also evidence of packet loss, I'd greatly appreciate updates on the progress of this fix, and, if possible, nerdly explanations of what the problem is. Though I am new to satellite, my background is pretty technical, and I like having some understanding of the technology I rely on. 

Some questions: Is the VoIP issue related to packet loss? If so, does it affect all Gen5 customers, or only some? If only some, who? Is the problem in the satellite? Or does it involve HT2000W firmware, or both? I realize that you don't have to tell us these things, but such information — and regular updates — would greatly help with customer patience and understanding. I can easily appreciate how complex the new satellite must be and that your engineers need time to work out the inevitable kinks.

Liz

Good morning IntoTheWoods,

We just know it's a network wide concern, and that our engineers have just rolled out a fix to one beam so far, beam 82 (you're on beam 83). I don't have an ETA on when other beams will get the same treatment, but as soon as we find out, especially if it's on your beam, I'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Pete_Vit
Junior

I'm not sure where I stand, what BEAM I'm on is there any update on this issue?

thank you

Carmen Vitullo
Liz

Good morning,

I haven't gotten any updates from engineering so far this week. Once we have anything pertinent to share, I'll post back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Pete_Vit
Junior

Thank you !

@Liz wrote:

Good morning,

I haven't gotten any updates from engineering so far this week. Once we have anything pertinent to share, I'll post back.

Carmen Vitullo
Pete_Vit
Junior

Just checking again Liz for any updates on the GEN5 and VoIP issues? should I be doing anything at home? should I try to call customer service to get a record of the issue? 

thank you

Carmen Vitullo
Liz

Good morning Carmen,

No need to call in. I'm still waiting on confirmation, but updates to address this are planned to be done by this weekend. Once I get confirmation, I will let you know.

Pete_Vit
Junior

Great, thanks so much Liz Smiley Wink

Carmen Vitullo