cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Issues Problems Service

New Poster

Voice Issues Problems Service

i read infomation about unplugging phone and router ect and hopefully that will solve my issues with my voice service. other person can hear me and does not hear the sound interruption- but on my end ,most of the conversation is distorted and sometimes distorted with a horrible noise or with just static  .but as i was researching the problem ,i read that running out of data does not effect the voice service ,which now has me a little confussed ,due to being told months ago, when had a call dropping issue that running out of data did effect the service. so does running out interfer with the service or not ? one other qustion ,i also ran into a voice activation form ,that had a error notice ,sorry forgot to remember error code but stated meaning was i enter wrong zip code ,which i had never logged in and filled out the form to enter a wrong zip code.... .i have had voice service for years .but i was going to fill out form with  correct information as it was asking - NOWAY the site was not safe /secure -it ask for my san #,mac address -on and on -site was -voice.hughesnet.com/activation/information.cfm    whats up with that?  that you cathy

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Voice Issues Problems Service

@blupperr 

Though HughesNet Voice service works through the same modem, it works separately from your internet service.  Sort of like being on a separate, dedicated channel.  Because of this, it's not dependant on whether you have service plan data remaining or are out of it and subject to FAP.  

Regarding the form to fill out, though it's not showing as secure, it's highly unlikely that there would be any security issue.  HughesNet uses shared, dynamically changing IP addresses, which means that, unless you're specifically being targeted by a very knowledgeable and very dedicated hacker, the chances of there being any issue is practically nil.  With that said, I understand your hesitance, and the reps may be able to update the information in another way.  

The only thing I can suggest regarding the call quality issue is the following...

1.  Unplug the HughesNet modem and ATA (the voice unit) at the power outlet.

2.  After at least a minute, plug the HughesNet modem back in.

3.  After five minutes, plug the ATA back in.

4.  After a couple of minutes, try the service again. 

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They usually reply within a day, and I'm sure they'll address the problems you've mentioned, including the call quality issue (if the suggested power cycling procedure doesn't help).  Smiley Happy 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for reaching out and providing us with some information about your concerns, this is a good start. Regarding the Voice Activation, your phone is already activated so no need to worry about that, you're already set. As Gabe said, you have a dedicated channel for your Voice service, so being out of data allowance has no effect on your ability to use the HughesNet Voice service.

To better help us narrow our focus regarding your HughesNet Voice service, please provide us with additional info:

When did you first notice the distorted/garbled audio?

Is the garbled audio consistent on all calls?

Are all the cables securely connected to the ATA?

Are you using a cordless phone?

Please privately message me the phone numbers, dates, and times when you experienced garbled audio.

If you have another phone to test calls with, please try using that phone to see if the garbled audio persists there.

If you have other devices connected to the HughesNet modem, temporarily disconnect them. Test calls while the ATA is the ONLY device connected to the modem. Let me know if the garbled audio persists.

I know this is a lot, but engineering needs this information to pinpoint possible causes for the experience you're having. We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning blupperr,

I have yet to receive a private message with the requested info so I'm closing this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->