Hughesnet Community

Voice Service Nightmare

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foxhaworth

Voice Service Nightmare

Voice service activation has been a nightmare. Ordered service 21 Oct; not shipped until 4 Nov. Arrived 10 Nov, but box was assigned to another account and could not be activated. Contacted Cust Srvc immediately. "We'll fix that call back in 2 days". Calling back today as I have a dial tone, but am still unable to activate the account to get a phone number (one I have is assigned to Indiana and I'm in Colorado) and activate MY service. While all this is going on, they have screwed up my bill, overcharged me for the phone activation, and stopped charging me for the internet. Now i have to call both Voice Support Customer service again, AND billing to correct all these errors. HughesNet support is unbelievably, seriously flawed.  Do not recommend this company to any customer.
6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Good morning foxhaworth,

Welcome and thanks for posting. We certainly would like to get to the bottom of this and address your concerns. I was able to locate your account and will review your account history.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi foxhaworth,

OK, I've read through your account notes and I see that your VOIP case regarding HSC012 has been escalated. I can follow up on that and see if I can possibly expedite a resolution. 

Regarding your bill, I'm looking at your latest one issued 11/1 and I'm not seeing any charge for VOIP related services. You actually have a VOIP promotion where the ATA is free for you, so there's a $0.00 charge for that. Other than that promotion, as well as the various service credits, the only actual charges are your standard internet service fee for Ultra, the monthly lease fee, and the associated taxes.

I know our billing system can be a bit tricky to get a handle of especially as a new customer, so we've created a video to help you understand your bill. I hope this helps!: https://vimeo.com/187378399

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jhwarren4

It has taken me about three months to finally get satellite internet and telephone.  The first month was spent talking to techs and reps (mainly to persons in the Philippines who spoke poor English).  I spent an average of an hour per day, mainly on hold, had three technical representatives come to my home, had a couple of equipment items replaced, and then began tacking the phone problem.  This took another month of talking to techs, mainly on hold and outside the United States, until I finally had some sort of telephone service. . .took another three weeks to have my telephone number "ported" over.  The entire process was VERY, VERY frustrating, but since we live in an area with basically no other service I could find, this was our only option.  The HughesNetService Department is extremely lacking in ability to help and answer questions.  It was not until I began posting on this sight that I began to get some results (mainly from/with Amanda (THANK YOU!).  Now I have adequate Internet and Phone service, and at this point, would recommend, if you are patient enough to get all the kinks worked out.
Liz

Hi foxhaworth,

Just got off a conference call concerning this issue that's affecting you and others. The good news is we have identified how this re-assignment of a used MAC address could have happened, and our VOIP teams are working to address this on a case by case basis. 

I ensured that your case was being handled by the team. As I get updates on their progress, I will let you know, and in the meantime I will waive any VOIP related fees until this is sorted out.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

thomas.gladden

I feel your pain.  Same here.  I would love to see things work like the video.   Live call center was no help.
Liz

Hi foxhaworth,

I see that you were sent a new ATA and that it was activated successfully. I'm glad to see this. If you still have any concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,
Liz